1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. stafa

stafa Senior member

The delays are frustrating mostly because of over promising and the complete lack of centralized and unified communication from Mauro to his paying customers. I understand that there's another party involved (factory) and these things can happen, as I have seen it many times in dealing with suppliers. But the way to alleviate some of that frustration is to communicate clearly and timely on what is happening. I have never felt I was going to be defrauded by WvG, but I can say that long delays has diminished my interest in ordering going forward. I'm not going to pre order fall flannels that will be delivered in spring or summer. If the time is going to take that long, then I suggest lining up the pre order accordingly, so worst case scenario, the goods are still delivered in their actual season.

And the issues aren't just the delays. Recent things like sizing inconsistencies (sweatshirts, henleys) and opposite patterns (ombres) just makes you question how that can even be screwed up in such a major way. Being a small operation is a commonly used explanation of why this may be happening, but sometimes you have to consider that you are still this small because you aren't consistently delivering on customer expectations. Price to quality definitely exceeds pretty much anything I have seen and he should be commended for that.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. msg

msg Senior member

Anyone have a link to current collar style? Want something other than button down for fall flannels

3. falathar

falathar Senior member

I think a wide spread an and extra wide spread are the standard. But in the past Mauro's stated that they can pretty much do any collar. Maybe try emailing him a picture of what you want.

4. chickenfark

chickenfark Senior member

Here's a wide spread, which I like a lot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

Stafa, I agree. I say line up the delays to get appropriate products in their season. I was really looking forward to some new tees and tencel shirts, but they won't be here until it's under 50 degrees here. I don't want to get henleys when it's heading into the end of spring.

6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

3 people like this.
  7. chickenfark

chickenfark Senior member

Good stuff, next few months should be great

8. psychodealer

psychodealer Senior member

So the summer shirts are finally coming in?

I'm a little curious on what they look like. Especially the double printed denim one.

Just by the way, I have the Our Legacy pink check shirt in size 48.
    [​IMG]

If anyone has one of his Italian shirts coming in that they don want in 41 preferably BD, I might be interested in a trade. Might also be interested in older shirts in medium USA if the prints are nice enough.

particularly the 41 Linen double print shirt for trade.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  9. psychodealer

Anyone know when the babies are coming ? I just walked into the cold and my head was losing head crazy fast.

1 person likes this.
  10. orfane

orfane Senior member

They typically take about 9 months

11 people like this.
  11. psychodealer

I meant beanies. Goddammit.

12. Werbert Hest

Werbert Hest Member

Here's a response I got from Mauro two weeks ago: "The beanies are being knitted now. I except them in a few weeks."

13. psychodealer

Two weeks ago? Ouh. Sounds nice. I hope they'll be here in a week or two since it's Getty chilly and the dome needs its protection!

14. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I cant imagine babies work all that well to keep your head warm either.

15. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

Decided I need to pick up at least one flannel this year. I'm going for the #2, since I don't have anything like it. I also decided that instead of my normal before dinner, I'd size down one and do the after dinner. I don't really feel like flannels should be quite as fitted.

Trying to decide if I'll pick up another flannel or maybe one of the lumberjack tees.

16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I was sorely tempted by the #2 flannel, but the #1 fabric was calling out to me. Ended up going with that and a hunter green henley. Improbably, out of all the henleys I own none are green.

17. falathar

falathar Senior member

Still trying to decide between flannel 1, 2 or 3.

18. single origin

single origin Senior member

Promised myself I wouldn't pick any products until I get everything else delivered, but caved and got flannel # 1

19. OhHello

OhHello Senior member

Haha that's the spirit!

20. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

New blog post.

I picked up the brown plaid (I think that'll be great for layering) and rusty rose. Taking kind of a chance on the rusty rose, but it's cheap enough that I'll check it out.