1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. psychodealer

psychodealer Senior member

Really is a shame. I will be ordering one if he offers the cardigan in a color I like next time.

2. oynag

oynag Senior member

That's what I mean! What if Mauro was one order short because I lost focus! The pangs, they've increased.

1 person likes this.
  3. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I dont know all the prices. The Connery I bought was only $170 w/ the VIP discount and was a great value.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  4. psychodealer

Oh wow! That is a good price. What did the Connery look like?

5. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

I so would have bought the explorer if I didn't have a stark already. One sweater of that collar type is more than enough for me. He had a mock up with a shawl that I would have insta-copped, but that never went into production :(

6. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

For me, it's about how much I'll wear something. I agree $300-$500 is a lot for a sweater (to me), however, if I knew I'd be wearing it all the time, I would probably still do it. I think his prices on other things make sense to me.

7. orfane

orfane Senior member

I personally couldn't afford a $300 sweater, but for a full cashmere sweater that isn't too crazy. Even J. Crew and BR have sweaters that cost that much, and WvG is obviously way better quality. I'm kinda surprised everyone is so shocked by those prices.

8. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I think its a combination of price and design. While the sweaters are really cool, generally if I'm spending $500 on something I want to make sure I'm going to get as much use out of it as possible. It's why you tend to see more cashmere v-neck, crewneck, and cardigans than things like the explorer or the full zip. Mauro's designs are awesome but sometimes its hard to swallow them at a higher price point.

9. mookiej

mookiej Senior member

Dug this out from an old newsletter email
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. psychodealer

Thanks for going and looking for it! It looks nice, and luxurious, but not my cup of team.

If he has a Shawl Cardigan, I would've bdefinitely jumped on it if it were thick AF. I'm definitely looking for something like that.

11. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

Yeah, same here. Sweaters are just generally a very expensive category of goods, especially when you start getting into cashmere. I feel like it's probably much more obvious to the average person what you get for your money in a sweater compared to, say, an expensive shirt, though.

12. aerimorla

aerimorla Well-Known Member

Yeah the Connery I have is super nice (although I won't get it out until the depths of winter) and the biggest thing I'd like to see would be a thicker collar.

13. lllsssfff

lllsssfff Active Member

Any updates on the sweatpants?

14. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

All I know is I need more pants. I've got shirts out the wazoo, to the point that I'm passing on pre-orders for things that I think I will actually like because I just don't have space for it, but I'm jonesing for more pants.

1 person likes this.
  15. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

I'd love to see WvG make a trouser with a higher rise. I'm done with low rises so none of the recent projects have appealed despite some nice fabrics.

2 people like this.
  16. psychodealer

What's so great about the pants from Mauro?

17. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Same thing that's great about everything else he makes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ fit, fabric, price

1 person likes this.
  18. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

Quote: Ooooh.

1 person likes this.
  19. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

The blogs and pre orders are great. I just can't get excited until I start seeing stuff shipped out. Once I get some of my tees and tencel from a few months ago, I'll be more interested in getting more.

1 person likes this.