• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there size chart posted for the Henley?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
If anyone has an L in indigo or olive that they're looking to unload, I might be interested.

OhHello

Reaction score
Got a shipping notification for summer trousers this morning. Excited to get those into the rotation while it's still hot.

Mauro also emailed me a brief update. His U-neck pattern is ready, and he plans to get samples cut this week. Once he has a sample dyed, the pre-order will go up.

He also got material for heavyweight tees and more thermal henleys. The tees will be a heavy blend of micro-modal and supima cotton, with an anti-microbial treatment. He says the hand should be just as soft as the bamboo with the same basic drape. Sounds good to me.

kwanon

Reaction score
I want some henleys, but I'm a little concerned about the sizing after the recent sweatshirt debacle and the sale henleys people have received.

OhHello

Reaction score

I want some henleys, but I'm a little concerned about the sizing after the recent sweatshirt debacle and the sale henleys people have received.

I wouldn't worry about it. If it comes the wrong size, you can send it back.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Got a shipping notification for summer trousers this morning. Excited to get those into the rotation while it's still hot.

Mauro also emailed me a brief update. His U-neck pattern is ready, and he plans to get samples cut this week. Once he has a sample dyed, the pre-order will go up.

He also got material for heavyweight tees and more thermal henleys. The tees will be a heavy blend of micro-modal and supima cotton, with an anti-microbial treatment. He says the hand should be just as soft as the bamboo with the same basic drape. Sounds good to me.

Awesome. The heavyweight tee material sounds great. FWIW, John Elliot uses a supima cotton / micro-modal blend for the permanent collection tees, but I think they've only ever come out with a medium-weight fabric.

ALEX3

Reaction score
Been avoiding pre-orders due to consistently wonky sizing (for tees anyway), but if all these new drops come in the off white "stone" color I'll be the first to pre-order.

It's unfortunate the latest round of henleys had sizing/material inconsistencies that weren't elucidated of the site, but even at full retail WvG henleys are a steal, can't believe those made it to sale.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also took a chance on the henleys and have the same issue that others have reported - much smaller than the size charts. Also, really strange, but mine almost flares out at the cuffs - they're much wider than the forearm.

OhHello

Reaction score
Just got home and opened up my new summer trousers. They're pretty dope. I threw them on and snapped a few pictures in case anyone is interested. These are enzos. The vibrant blue is wool/mohair, and the more muted navy is linen/viscose/elastane. I haven't inspected them very closely or worn them beyond just rolling the bottoms up and snapping pictures, but I'm quite happy with both. They're both very light, the vibrant blue color of the wool pair is really beautiful, and the linen pair feels fantastic - really nice and stretchy lengthwise, I'm sure they'll be a pleasure to wear. I also took them outside so you can get a sense of what they look like in the sunlight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads