Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Just as an FYI, you can MTO your inseam length for the Chinos which is good for gangly mofo's such as myself.

2. mookiej

mookiej Senior member

awesome! i always wanted Mauro to make a lighter-weight henley in the bamboo fabric

3. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

Was there cotton mixed in with the bamboo and sorona before?

4. OhHello

OhHello Senior member

The usual bamboo-sorona tees are 60% bamboo 40% sorona.

5. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

I'm not thrilled about the addition of cotton. Won't this make the shirt a little stiffer?

6. OhHello

OhHello Senior member

Well it sounds like that's just for the sweats. Adding some cotton to beef things up for a sweatshirt/sweatpant material sounds logical.

It seemed to me that the fabrics he was talking about making shirts with are still just bamboo/sorona. One says 60/40 (same as before), and the other looks like 54/36/10(lycra), but he says right in the post that he would remove the lycra from the blend before using it.

I'm definitely intrigued by the bamboo/sorona/cotton sweats. I don't think I'm going to be able to pass on those. I'm glad to hear the tees are being made too, because everybody loves them, but I'm actually quite well stocked on those- so, personally, I'm more excited for the other tees he announced earlier.

7. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

speaking of which, was there any update on an ETA for tees? thought they were supposed to drop last week...

8. OhHello

OhHello Senior member

I've got no info, but based on the release/week schedule Mauro's been following lately, I'm hoping for the tee newsletter tomorrow. I'm going to email tomorrow about another order anyway, so if we don't get a newsletter/blog, I'll ask about the tees and spread the word here.

9. shortlefty

shortlefty Senior member

Do you guys know when the ombre sweatshirts will be shipped?

10. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

I heard from Mauro today. Everything has been submitted for production to the factory. So within the month, I believe.

About the tees:

So I won't clog up the this post too too much, but in regards to all of the fabrics, they are some of the softest fabrics he's worked with. We have a task for the U-neck (modal/silk), we have to determine if we want a rough edge collar or not, finished or unfinished hems, and what color. I think the color will be only one. 24 U-neck tees that will have an insane drape.

As far as the rest of the tees/henleys, the fabric is expensive but worth it, trust me. Especially with the rewards discount. The u-neck is probably going to be the most expensive +/- $100 and the cheapest one will be around $80 BEFORE the rewards discount. The quantities are fairly limited but there's a lot to choose from. I can give you a more detailed run down tomorrow.

11. msg

msg Senior member

Regular collar, finished hems

12. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

Rough collar, unfinished hems.

That's definitely my preference. I think both fit the "slutty" vibe of a U-neck a bit better. But as long as it's not ribbed, I'm good. And anyway, I'm just one voice in the bunch. It's all good.

Sounds like with the prices, I'll be picking up a tee not tees (maybe two)...but I'm down for having one or two exceptional tees to balance out my roster of WvG bamboo-soronas. I'm sure these will sell through so we don't need more people in the mix, but it'd be interesting to bring these to the attention of John Elliott, A. Wang, and Rick fans...for the last year and a half, I've been telling anybody who asked that WvG tees are the same vibe with way better quality for way fewer dollars, and these new tees sound like they're on another level even beyond that.

13. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Senior member

I'm 50/50 on the collar as long as it's not ribbed. Looking for unfinished hems. I'd prefer a white slutty u-neck.

14. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

I'd love to see a faded pink tee in one of the non-silk fabrics. Same sort of pink you would see on an OCBD.
    I prefer rough/unfinished hems and collars on the tees.