1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

To me it makes more sense, since seersucker is casual. Spread collar seems odd to me for a casual shirt.

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Yes, it is casual for sure. But I do have many casual shirts sans button down. But they might not be spread collars? Just a regular collar.

I guess I am just growing tired of button downs. They look stuffy to me.....I have a bunch of casual button downs too and I'm undoing the buttons for that free and easy "sprezz" look!

Maybe I should do the same with the seersucker? I wonder if Mauro can make a button down collar without the buttons or button holes.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I personally prefer button downs for casual shirts. I feel like I dont have enough of them. I usually opt for it when I can.

4. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I emailed Mauro to discuss.

I have a bunch of work shirts and engineer shirts and they don't have button down collars. Just a plain old collar. That was what I was shooting for....But they might not be as spread as a spread collar.

They actually look like a button down collar without the buttons/button holes.

5. Nik Telford

I like the button down collar Mauro does because its on the larger side, I find I dont care much for small collars. I have an oxford from Mauro with, I think is a spread collar. I believe its the sea blue overdye from last year.

6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Sorely tempted to go for the navy Hawaiian seersucker with short sleeves. I'll have to mull over it and hope they don't sell out in the meantime.

7. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

Can someone please help me with the sizing? I don't have access to a tailor to properly measure myself, and I don't trust my wife to do a good job. If I normally bought a medium after dinner, what number does that translate to in the Italian sizing? Any help is appreciated.

8. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

I don't have the shirts with me right now but from what I remember, 41 fits a little slimmer than a medium AD while the 42 fits a little larger. You could probably wear either depending on what kind of fit you prefer.

There should be size charts with measurements for both cuts on the website.

9. Nik Telford

I would go with a 41 as well. It fits fairly similarly. I have a flannel in 41 AD and I find it to be a tad bigger in the chest but pretty much the same otherwise.

10. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Yeah that sounds about right. Did you notice any other differences? I vaguely remember the forearms and wrists being a bit tighter but it's been a while since I've worn them.

11. Nik Telford

I remember someone asked some time ago about removing darts from a BD shirt and I decided to do it today to my elephant shirt. It was a little tight in the waist since I moved next to a bakery last year the fresh baked cookies have been hard on my waistline. There are some obvious lines up close where the darts were, but they'll probably disappear after a couple washes. There is a bit of a crease where the dart meets the bottom hem but it is pretty hard to notice unless you are paying attention. On the plus side it does fit a bit better around my waist now. I just used a pocket knife to do it.
    [​IMG]

@janoy89 I didnt really find it to be any different other than that. Honestly every shirt I have from WvG fits a bit differently, not enough to mess around with sizing but just a bit. The only thing I really noticed was that it had a slightly larger chest.

1 person likes this.
  12. OhHello

OhHello Senior member

RE: the Avocetta fabric - If I'm remembering right, Mauro told me the fabric was only available to him dyed black, so I don't think he had a choice in the color. I like the fabric so much I went for it even though black wouldn't have been my first choice. I figure it will be perfect for summer evenings. I went for that and the green roll neck. We also have the U-neck, of course. The poll didn't really get us clear answers, haha. Mauro would like us to figure out what we want, but I'm not really sure what the most efficient way for us to come to a consensus is. Any ideas?

I spoke with Mauro for a bit today, and it sounds like the sweatshirts and shirts from that order are both done and either shipped or going be shipped any day now (from Italy to him). Summer trousers are scheduled to be fab'd a few weeks from now, so they'll likely make it stateside in about a month. He's had to move the sweatpants project to a new factory, so that has caused a bit of a delay in production. The chinos are a bit delayed too, but he's in the process of working it out.

Mauro has some pretty nice sounding oxford fabrics coming in the next few weeks. He keeps coming at my wallet!

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Button down collar size sans actual buttons would be ideal for these shirts

1 person likes this.
  14. Nik Telford

15. rayrayray

rayrayray Well-Known Member

What makes that 1 t shirt cost 105 dollars? The bamboo soronas did not cost that much at all. I just can't believe how high the shirts cost. It was very unexpected so I'm a bit upset.

16. SLieber967

SLieber967 Member

Are any of the fabrics posted in the last blog still available? The double linen/sunshine?

17. taint it sweet

I was also surprised by the price jump. I ordered a shirt, but the price jump kept me from ordering two.

18. rayrayray

rayrayray Well-Known Member

Quote:To be honest, I couldn't justify buying it. The price point wasn't right. I will NEVER buy a t shirt for 105 USD. I live in Canada too so really I get screwed alot and along with $20.00 USD shipping , there's no point. That's $162.50 canadian dollars. Would you pay 162.50 for a t shirt?

19. taint it sweet

No sir. Even the $80 is a jump. I'm hoping the shirt is great, because I really love the bamboo ones

20. Saenek

Saenek Senior member

Then don't buy it? It's not like he doubled the price on the bamboo shirts, the material is much more expensive and that plays a huge part. You're also dealing with super small batches of stuff, there's plenty of designers charging $80+ for a cotton tshirt that they probably make tens of thousands of, not 40 or 50.