• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

ajg esp

Reaction score
Thanks. Looking at the size charts, 43 may be my best bet.

I used to get L BD and got a 42 in this flannel. The fit is great, though slightly tighter in the chest (I haven't washed it in fairness either). Also, FYI - the neck on a 42 is 16.5in. not sure what it is on a 43 but I usually take a 16.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i used to take small bd but now take 39. the neck size throws me off cuz im typically a 15 neck but everythin gelse fits spot on

GoodTwillHuntin

Reaction score
Wow... Sounds like a lot is on the way in the next few weeks. How do I pace myself for a year's worth of orders.

Putting myself down for a periwinkle.

Last edited:

aerimorla

Reaction score
Was emailing Mauro about the new sweats and there's a typo in the size chart for the size small - the chest and length are supposed to follow the same scaling as the other sizes (so I think chest is supposed to be 59cm and length 75cm?)

moneybagels

Reaction score
Ombre ombre ombre!!!
cheers.gif

Last edited:

CharlesThe1337

Reaction score
Just got my burgundy and white oxford with jacket sleeves in the mail. I'll post up some pictures since the jacket sleeves are a pretty new offering (I think).

I think the pictures are a pretty accurate representation of the color. I will say, even when trying it on I felt like the arms offered more mobility than the same sized oxfords I have without the sleeves. It is also possible that my other shirt has shrunken a little bit by drying it for a few minutes each time I wash it.

Anyway, the shirt is great! Same usual quality from Mauro. I can't wait to wear it. The only minor (emphasis on minor) let down was that I noticed that this shirt appeared not to have mother of pearl buttons on it. I noticed it almost immediately after opening the package, and the website didn't mention it having MoP buttons. Not a deal breaker by any means, but they were a nice little addition.

Edit- Since people are talking sizes, I got a 40BD. I never nailed down my shirt size before the switch, but a small AD was way too short for me but fit fine everywhere else. I'd guess a small AD monkey arms would have worked, or a medium BD. I'm 160ish and 5'9ish, and the 40 BD and AD work great for me besides being a little too short to tuck in comfortably.

Also, does anyone have any tricks for breaking in the forearm button holes? I've noticed the Italian shirts are freaking tight, I'm afraid I'll rip it in I try too hard.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my burgundy and white oxford with jacket sleeves in the mail. I'll post up some pictures since the jacket sleeves are a pretty new offering (I think).

I think the pictures are a pretty accurate representation of the color. I will say, even when trying it on I felt like the arms offered more mobility than the same sized oxfords I have without the sleeves. It is also possible that my other shirt has shrunken a little bit by drying it for a few minutes each time I wash it.

Anyway, the shirt is great! Same usual quality from Mauro. I can't wait to wear it. The only minor (emphasis on minor) let down was that I noticed that this shirt appeared not to have mother of pearl buttons on it. I noticed it almost immediately after opening the package, and the website didn't mention it having MoP buttons. Not a deal breaker by any means, but they were a nice little addition.

Edit- Since people are talking sizes, I got a 40BD. I never nailed down my shirt size before the switch, but a small AD was way too short for me but fit fine everywhere else. I'd guess a small AD monkey arms would have worked, or a medium BD. I'm 160ish and 5'9ish, and the 40 BD and AD work great for me besides being a little too short to tuck in comfortably.

Also, does anyone have any tricks for breaking in the forearm button holes? I've noticed the Italian shirts are freaking tight, I'm afraid I'll rip it in I try too hard.

That is a little disappointing with the buttons. Seems like the new shirts they are offering doesn't have that in thr description..

PushDontPull

Reaction score
Damn, I really wanted that yellow, but I'm not surprised it wasn't that popular.. Guess I'll just have to get one of the ombres and hope I can pull it off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads