• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are the colors I would like to do for the solids-

I would like to add some kind of red and have some rewards members vote or post some colors that they would like to see made.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, #s 2 and 3 of the solids look killer. Will they be available with other collars?

space4lyfe

Reaction score
I like the ombre gray one a lot. Will buy in a t shirt or sweatshirt.

lbrig

Reaction score
1, 2, 3 of the solids are fantastic. Would love the gray, purple, and pink ombré in oxfords

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
The first two ombres would make cool t-shirts, although I'm a weirdo and only wear scoop / u-necks.

falathar

Reaction score
Here are some ideas for the ombré poplin and oxfords. I also thought it would be cool to make some tees this way.

I like the green the best. Kinda unique while also having a spring vibe. The pink/blue and purple/white are nice too.

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are the colors I would like to do for the solids-

I would like to add some kind of red and have some rewards members vote or post some colors that they would like to see made.

Mauro, these two shirts look killer. Can you provide some insight into what the details of these are? First one looks like a washed all cotton pique type of material, second one looks like chambray or a linen blend?

goldenbear

Reaction score
There were some denim looking linen shirts posted a few months ago. I want to see those made.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Mauro, these two shirts look killer. Can you provide some insight into what the details of these are? First one looks like a washed all cotton pique type of material, second one looks like chambray or a linen blend?

If anyone hasn't clicked on this image to see the full-size version, the texture on this thing looks insane:

mattynz1

Reaction score
I'm also drawn to those pastel blues and purples (and reds) with some texture to the fabric. On a similar note, I did an experiment with my sea blue bamboo/sorona tee. It was a bit too bright for my liking, so I used 'Dharma Dyehouse Color Remover' that I had left over from indigo dying. The results were crazy, the moment it went in the pot it went to bright purple, then faded slowly into a charcoal gray over a minute or two. Then it changed into a brown that turned into pumpkin orange, and I pulled it out at a shade of beige since the blotchiness was gone. Then, as I hung it on the line to dry, it changed once last time from beige to this light pastel green. I really like the color, and would love to see some more tees in these subtle hues. Ecru and a washed out red would be nice.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If anyone hasn't clicked on this image to see the full-size version, the texture on this thing looks insane:
The texture is neat. It's an open weave. Monti, the creators of the fabric are really pushing it. It's a summer shirt for sure.
The first shirt is not a pique in the traditional sense. Think of it more like a grenadine tie. It's 100% cotton that we have treated to give it a specific look. When I find my swatch card I will show your what the fabric looks like before wash. It's totally different. Not just in look but in feel. The stormy blue gray is a a treated linen that went through similar treatments like the green shirt.
I'm also drawn to those pastel blues and purples (and reds) with some texture to the fabric. On a similar note, I did an experiment with my sea blue bamboo/sorona tee. It was a bit too bright for my liking, so I used 'Dharma Dyehouse Color Remover' that I had left over from indigo dying. The results were crazy, the moment it went in the pot it went to bright purple, then faded slowly into a charcoal gray over a minute or two. Then it changed into a brown that turned into pumpkin orange, and I pulled it out at a shade of beige since the blotchiness was gone. Then, as I hung it on the line to dry, it changed once last time from beige to this light pastel green. I really like the color, and would love to see some more tees in these subtle hues. Ecru and a washed out red would be nice.
Thanks for changing my designs, lol. That was a cool experiment. The tee fits you perfectly. I spoke with my supplier that knits my bamboo sorona. He is going to make me some special fabric. For this Spring/Summer I will use 135 gram like always. However, for fall I am having a 225/250 gram heavy weight. That's a nice little jump from the 175gram I was using. Considering the properties of the cloth a 225/250 will make a crucial layering piece. He is also making me bamboo sorona "French Terry" for sweatshirts and sweat pants....... game over, I win.

Last edited:

aerimorla

Reaction score
The texture is neat. It's an open weave. Monti, the creators of the fabric are really pushing it. It's a summer shirt for sure.
The first shirt is not a pique in the traditional sense. Think of it more like a grenadine tie. It's 100% cotton that we have treated to give it a specific look. When I find my swatch card I will show your what the fabric looks like before wash. It's totally different. Not just in look but in feel.

The stormy blue gray is a a treated linen that went through similar treatments like the green shirt.
Thanks for changing my designs, lol. That was a cool experiment. The tee fits you perfectly.

I spoke with my supplier that knits my bamboo sorona. He is going to make me some special fabric. For this Spring/Summer I will use 135 gram like always. However, for fall I am having a 225/250 gram heavy weight. That's a nice little jump from the 175gram I was using.
Considering the properties of the cloth a 225/250 will make a crucial layering piece.
He is also making me bamboo sorona "French Terry" for sweatshirts and sweat pants....... game over, I win.
mauro i'd never get to wear a bamboo sweatshirt my girlfriend would steal it forever

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads