1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. single origin

single origin Well-Known Member

Can you please explain what is jacket sleeve construction?

2. moneybagels

moneybagels Member

Was also wondering this.

3. moneybagels

moneybagels Member

Selling the Toni pants in size 32, unworn. Apparently I'm dumb and can't read size charts because they're much too small for me. Thankfully, trig hooked me up with 34's which fit great.

Posting here before I list them on Grailed. Looking for the $85 that I paid during the sale + shipping.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. GoodTwillHuntin

GoodTwillHuntin Well-Known Member

What is the waist measurement of those again? If it is actually 32 inches, I'm interested. If not, I'm still looking for whoever got the size 30.

5. trig

trig Well-Known Member

should be actually 32. mauro doesn't vanity size.

6. veekta

veekta Well-Known Member

7. falathar

falathar Well-Known Member

Wow this is awesome. I think Mauro should link to this on the WvG site.

8. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

It's not mine to copy. That was written a two years ago from some menswear blog. I do offer everything on that list of " must haves", except for the tension thread because my shirt maker says it's a crock of shit and any real shirt maker would never use such a thing. Personally, I disagree but I am not shelling out the cash for the machine and thread.
    I do hope everyone reads that just to get a better idea of what I do offer and what I have been harping on for years.
    I know a lot of people still don't really give two shits about all the fine details but I do and that's the product I am making.

Get all of those things done right including the hand sewn monograms is a true thing of beauty. Another option, I offer is, if you want you can have an extra collar made with a set of extra cuffs.
    This is very old school.
    I believe, if you can find someone that offers all these services ( besides me) your shirt will start about $250.00 and go up from there depending on the fabric. More than likely you should drop about $350 to $400.00
    This is of course for a dress shirt. A casual shirt doesn't need all of these bells and whistle. I think " jacket sleeves and a little hand sewing will be enough. At the minimum " Jacket sleeves".
    You simply will not want to go back once you try it. The range of motion, drape, and comfort are just there.

Sweater ad shirt updates-
    Sweaters leave this week and some shirts leave this week. Please be patient. I am more frustrated than all of you combined. The wait will be worth it.

Nik might post his MTM shirt and show some of the details. I hope he does. I spoke with him over the phone today and he was very happy. He is the first to have " jacket sleeves" from me.

I am letting everyone know now-

I am doing a flannel pant( charcoal) run and a wool/mohair ( navy) trouser I need 20 to 25 pieces per style. That means either enzo or predator. That's the minimum. The fabric is from Vitale Barberis
    http://www.vitalebarberiscanonico.it/
    The pants $130.00 dollars not including the rewards discount. The pants are a fucking steal. I will post pics on my blog as well as in a general newsletter and a rewards members newsletter.

Hopefully, We make the numbers.

I am leaving this week to Ohio to tie up the loose ends and get the fabric count. Those shirts will be ready to ship sometime in January. The sooner the orders get in the sooner I will have them made.

I also am waiting for scarf pictures. The scarves are finished. They are all woven wool cashmere blends. The scarves were loomed on old wooden shuttle looms in Italy. It's very rare and very special.
    The first round of pictures were to muted so I am having them reshoot.
    They will make PERFECT holiday gifts for both men and women.

Best,
    Mauro

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    4 people like this.
  9. kwanon

kwanon Well-Known Member

The fabrics sound awesome.

Is there any chance of getting something made with a higher rise? I keep meaning to ask you about this. Would be happy doing MTM but I didn't know if that's one of the measurements that can be adjusted.

10. chupas

chupas Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. aerimorla

aerimorla Well-Known Member

Is mohair a smoother fabric? I googled it and that's what it seems like.

12. rayrayray

rayrayray Well-Known Member

13. itsfun

itsfun Active Member

Any updates on Outerwear? It's starting to get cold here :)

Also, I have a 38 tony blazer I'm willing to sell for the sale price + shipping. Fit is a little tight on me.

14. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

i don't know about outerwear but i got confirmation from Mauro last night that the Henley preorders ship from Italy by the December 15th so hopefully they will make it out right around xmas.

15. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Speaking of outerwear, I reached out to Mauro about having a leather jacket made. I'm just going for what looks like a relatively stock model (picture below), and I'm planning on keeping the modifications to a minimum (best way to screw up an MTO is too much tinkering, IMO). I'll keep people apprised.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. aerimorla

aerimorla Well-Known Member

did mauro come out with the size charts yet for the leather jackets? i emailed him a while ago and he said he was going to talk to the manufacturer.

interested to know how yours turns out!

17. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

I just heard back from Mauro, and he said he's still working out the sizing charts. No orders until after the holidays.

18. janoy89

janoy89 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing how the leather jackets come out. I have a few ideas but I'm a little weary of larger pattern changes.

19. grygger

grygger Member

Have people received their MTO burgundy overdyes in size 39? My order was delayed due to a production issue, still waiting on that package.

Has anyone else received their size 39 MTO burgundy overdyes if they ordered them?

20. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Mine never came in the last shipment. I just got a refund. Little disappointed since I ordered back in August and still no shirt now.