• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

tannerr

Reaction score
Anyone have a fit picture with either the Double Dip Chicory or Crinkle Print Gray Caligula tees? There was an inventory error, and one of the shirts I ordered is actually out of stock. I'm just concerned the above are too loud compared to what I normally wear.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can post tomorrow or this weekend. I've got both.

I initially thought the same thing, and I'm pretty darn conservative taste-wise...my whole closet is shades of black and earth tones and only gave them a shot because on that particular day I'd gotten sick of taking myself so seriously.

Absolutely love em, especially the Dip Chicory, which is far and away the best dip dye effect I've ever seen. The colors on both sides are rich, the transition is just wide enough...it's just damn well done. And if I had any reservations at all about wearing them alone (and I don't), they look fantastic under a more subtle layer.

In the same order, I got a turquoise tee on Mauro's recommendation and it's equally gorgeous. I've never worn anything nearly so bright but I've been wearing it every chance I get.

The caveat, of course, is that I live at the beach, so maybe I'm just losing my head.

tannerr

Reaction score
Can post tomorrow or this weekend. I've got both.

I initially thought the same thing, and I'm pretty darn conservative taste-wise...my whole closet is shades of black and earth tones and only gave them a shot because on that particular day I'd gotten sick of taking myself so seriously.

Absolutely love em, especially the Dip Chicory, which is far and away the best dip dye effect I've ever seen. The colors on both sides are rich, the transition is just wide enough...it's just damn well done. And if I had any reservations at all about wearing them alone (and I don't), they look fantastic under a more subtle layer.

In the same order, I got a turquoise tee on Mauro's recommendation and it's equally gorgeous. I've never worn anything nearly so bright but I've been wearing it every chance I get.

The caveat, of course, is that I live at the beach, so maybe I'm just losing my head.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to it.

single origin

Reaction score
If anyone wants a pair of linen/viscose pants size 32 send me a pm. The rise is too low for my taste.

GoodTwillHuntin

Reaction score
My vibrant blue trouser order from last Tuesday when the members got early access hasn't shipped yet. Anyone else in the same situation?

edmundrz

Reaction score
Does WvG do tank tops? I'm really looking for something with the same quality as the Caligula T-shirt but a tank top.

Can anyone recommend a very high quality tank top if WvG doesn't sell something like that?

Very much appreciated. Waiting for the next t-shirt drop

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Does WvG do tank tops? I'm really looking for something with the same quality as the Caligula T-shirt but a tank top.

Can anyone recommend a very high quality tank top if WvG doesn't sell something like that?

Very much appreciated. Waiting for the next t-shirt drop

I don't think there's been a WvG tank top yet. I like the John Elliott curve tank, although they're pricey. The cotton-modal blend JE uses is nice, but WvG's bamboo-sorona blend is softer and drapes better.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am making Tank Tops, U-Necks, and crew necks.

I am using several fabrics.
Bamboo Sorona
Tencel/ Supima cotton
Supima cotton/ Micro Modal
organic pima cotton

I am starting fall soon. That's sweaters, button-up shirts, and bamboo Sorona fleece.

Get ready.

PS- There are reasons why I am using all these fabrics with very good reasoning. I am also doing another silk modal blend but it's different from Fenice. I like it better and the fabric cost is cheaper :)

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Any thoughts on curved vs straight for the hem of the tank top? I'm partial to curved and a little elongated, but I'm in for anything as long as it's not nipple-baring, cropped, or racer-back. Unless it's all three of those at once, in which case sign me up. :)

orfane

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Any thoughts on curved vs straight for the hem of the tank top? I'm partial to curved and a little elongated, but I'm in for anything as long as it's not nipple-baring, cropped, or racer-back. Unless it's all three of those at once, in which case sign me up. :)

A WvG stringer, the finest fabrics and construction for getting your swole on.

Pretty excited about tank tops though.

edmundrz

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a straight hem and not so long. Just a traditional tank top but extremely high quality material, drap and maybe some fun colors though grey, dark grey or black/grey would be nice.

reydogg23

Reaction score
I am making Tank Tops, U-Necks, and crew necks.

I am using several fabrics.
Bamboo Sorona
Tencel/ Supima cotton
Supima cotton/ Micro Modal
organic pima cotton

I am starting fall soon. That's sweaters, button-up shirts, and bamboo Sorona fleece.

Get ready.

PS- There are reasons why I am using all these fabrics with very good reasoning. I am also doing another silk modal blend but it's different from Fenice. I like it better and the fabric cost is cheaper :)

Whats the timeline for the U and crew necks?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ALEX3

Reaction score
DL_O_white_004_web.jpg
opwm7000_479.jpg
Looking forward to new tee fabrics.. Let's get some shirts cut like this!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads