• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

jmaudi0

Reaction score
new Caligula shirts look awesome. Great colors!
Trying to contact Mauro to confirm same sizing as previous Italian tees (ie. Fiocco).

orfane

Reaction score
Damn the ombre sold out of my size already. That was like instantaneous

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Info from Mauro on the Caligula tee's -

Shrinkage is NOT a concern. Wash cold low tumble dry.
The fit is more like the "glory days" fit.
XXS-34
XS-36
SMALL-38
MEDIUM-40
LARGE-42
XL-44
XXL-47

The length is about 2 to 3 inches below the waistband.
It's a very nice fitting tee. I think the majority will be happy. The sleeves are not shorter.

If you are reporting to SF or Reddit let them know I did not make a lot of units per size.
I am serious when I said quantities are limited.

The Fiocco is a close fit. I don't want to say it's exact because the fabric, drape, and seam toloeraneces are different.
What I will say is that these tees fit incredibly well and these are the measurements I am sticking with.
If need be later because want a XXXS-32 I will do that.

Best,
Mauro
PS- the tees are literally hand dyed. the Ombré and other two novelty tees took a lot of time to make hence the price increase.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I asked Mauro about scoop-necks and he said he wasn't planning on making any but could if there was enough interest. I'm waiting to hear back on how many orders he's looking for.

Any takers (as in, 'will place an order', not just 'would possibly consider' if available)?

janoy89

Reaction score
I'd be in for a few (white, eggshell, navy, burgundy etc.)

Has wvg done a boat neck before? Would love some bamboo tees in that.

trafficjam

Reaction score
Make that ombre tee in red instead of blue so when i wear it with jeans i look like a bomb pop tia

CharlesThe1337

Reaction score
I jumped on the grape jelly and grey bamboo sonoras that dropped today! Didn't even really think about it for fear they'd sell out.

I got a small, as opposed to me historically getting WvG's bamboo sonora in medium. The last one I got from the most recent batch seemed to have a 42 or so inch chest, rather than the 40 that the size chart indicated. I'm hoping that the same difference still exists in the current size charts! A true 38 may be a bit smug, but if it's a couple of inches or so larger in the chest then it'll be perfect with the extra length.

Last edited:

OhHello

Reaction score
I asked Mauro about scoop-necks and he said he wasn't planning on making any but could if there was enough interest. I'm waiting to hear back on how many orders he's looking for.

Any takers (as in, 'will place an order', not just 'would possibly consider' if available)?

Hey man, I had this same conversation with him the other day. I'd be in for 2 or 3 (definitely 3 if there are 3 color options I like), assuming the new fit works for me, which it sounds like it almost certainly will. Can't wait to see the black-blue ombre in person, and I'm really hoping we can get a scoop neck order together. I've already got lots of these tees in crew necks, I just couldn't resist that cool black-blue ombre.

taint it sweet

Reaction score
From Mauro the other night:

The size for the Caligula are as follows. ( please not the tees are hand dyed so measurements slightly vary from shirt to shirt. This is very very common.)

XXS- 34

XS- 36

SMALL- 38

MEDIUM- 40

LARGE- 42

XL- 44

XXL -47

For people in between sizes I suggest going up. I think because of the drape and the wonderful properties of the fabric loser is always better than tighter. That's just me. However if you want a snugger tee size down. If you want loser size up, just like any other tee.

The length is very similar to the last batch of bamboo sorona tees. I choose to go a little longer than shorter. The length of the "yummy" won't be going forward.

The "Caligula" can be worn by itself or can be worn as a layering tee.

The Spring/Summer delivery one is not a pre-order. Tees are shipping tomorrow to their new homes. This batch of tees is the softest yet. I don't know what the **** the dye house is doing but I like it!

All in all the fit is pretty spot on for most people. I wish I could make a tee that fits every perfectly but that's just not possible. Thank you for the support!

Best,
Mauro

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Hey man, I had this same conversation with him the other day. I'd be in for 2 or 3 (definitely 3 if there are 3 color options I like), assuming the new fit works for me, which it sounds like it almost certainly will. Can't wait to see the black-blue ombre in person, and I'm really hoping we can get a scoop neck order together. I've already got lots of these tees in crew necks, I just couldn't resist that cool black-blue ombre.

Yeah, it sounds like there needs to be enough interest for a whole new run of tees since the current ones have already been cut. Fingers crossed for scoop necks in black and grey, and I wouldn't say no to another fun color (as long as it's not orange, pink, yellow, or bright red; they're all perfectly cromulent colors, but they look terrible on me).

kennethj

Reaction score
That purple is super tempting and hitting myself for not pulling the trigger on the ombre sooner. But I prefer the more classic looking crew and v necks rather than scoop or rolled necks. Am I the odd one out here?
Any word on more bamboo tees being made with the regular crew/v necks? I have a bunch of the old sorona runs and love how soft they are.

2pac

Reaction score
Selling a double print linen short sleeve shirt in size 41. Unfortunately, it's too small for me. Message me if you are interested!

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking to offload a military green opossum tee in xs let me know. Or generally if anyone is trying to sell some of their old xs WvG rollnecks...

CharlesThe1337

Reaction score
I dig my new grape jelly tee! It always amazes me how soft these things are. Also pictured- WvG Italian denim

image.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads