Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. lllsssfff

lllsssfff Active Member

For those who ordered the louden hoodie/sweatshirt could you upload some pics of the grey and burgundy? Not feeling the navy and thinking about picking one of the extras up. Thanks.

2. orlandoguy

orlandoguy Member

I was in the same situation a month ago when I bought the 41 BD in the dark green. Luckily I was able to exchange for the 41 AD which was perfect and also picked up the dark sienna. love both colors. Now I'm thinking of picking up the Burgundy since it's on sale.

3. msg

msg Senior member

Sized wrong on the sweatshirt. If you want a medium in burgundy PM me. I'll throw in 2 day shipping. Sucks.

4. ampcb

ampcb Member

Christmas came early this year - the Green Micro-Herringbone Trousers, the Louden Hoodie, and the Balboa Sweatshirt arrived! Here they all are - this is the best picture I could get in terms of colors:

[​IMG]

The maroon hoodie is a little darker in person - comparing it to the over-dye colors I think it's closer to the Burgundy over-dye (which I don't own) than the Dark Sienna over-dye (which I do own). The green of the pants and the grey of the sweatshirt speak for themselves.

The pants are very nice - light, soft, and well made as usual. I ordered my pair in size 35 Enzo and they fit exactly as I wanted, which is awesome considering I have a lot of trouble finding pants that fit well. Considering all the sizing options for these pants, I highly recommend picking up a pair - no matter your body or fit preferences, there should be a fit available that you will love! Ignore the color in these pictures:

[​IMG][​IMG]

The hoodie and sweatshirt are simply on another level - they are amazingly beefy without being too heavy or hot. They mean business! Both are made out of fantastic materials and the fit is fantastic on both. I have always been a WvG Large so I ordered these in large but I had Mauro add some extra length to the sleeves to accommodate my Monkey Arms and they turned out great. Once you put one of these on you won't want to take it off!

Here are some fit pictures. The sweatshirt isn't pulled down like the hoodie, thus the bagginess in the middle. Again, ignore the colors (and wrinkles from shipping):

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

If any of these are still available and in your size, make sure to pick them up ASAP! All three pieces are fantastic. As usual the material, construction, and fit are all on point. Terrific work Mauro - thanks for making these!

5. rayrayray

rayrayray Well-Known Member

@ampcb

Hey how much do you weigh? I bought a size 33 (waist) enzo and I"m 170-180 lbs at 5'11" You don't seem big at all in the rotund sense. Did I fuck up my sizing?

6. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

I picked up a hoodie based on those pictures. I don't think I am able to get the monkey arm sleeves at this point though.

7. trig

trig Senior member

I'm not ampcb, but in general I think it depends on your own waist. I am 5'10 170 and have a 34" waist so I buy size 34 in wvg pants. So it's actual waist sizing and not vanity sizing with mauro

8. ampcb

ampcb Member

I'm 6'4"/190 so your sizing sounds right. As long as the size chart aligns with your personal measurements you should be fine - I checked and my waist/the size chart/the pants are all within a fraction of an inch of each other.

Enzo Size Chart

9. oynag

oynag Senior member

Can confirm that Mauro nailed the Louden hoodie. Wearing it now after getting rained on and too cold after a bike ride. It's serious business- heavy, substantial but a great fit and comfortable. Has a Benedictine-monk-esque hood. As advertised, maybe better. I got navy and it's a deep and rich blue.

10. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Did you get a tracking email generated? I haven't yet.

11. oynag

oynag Senior member

@PartagasIV Yes, I received email notice of shipping. Last week around Monday I believe.

12. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    All the special order oxfords have arrived. A lot were shipped out today. I do have a lot of standard sizes left. When the Si-Jin left she left me high and dry. No records no nothing. I have no idea what's what.
    If you ordered a special over dye or just a standard please email me at [email protected]

I have about 20 shirts unclaimed. I have also emailed a handful of people because I can't find your order numbers in the system. It's possible a lot of people ordered but didn't pay. Just one reason switching to the "cut to order" system is the right move.

I am not having a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale. I will have a sale this week instead. I will be away for the whole week of thanksgiving.

13. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Senior member

I preordered the thermal sweater. Were there enough orders to move forward? It might give some people the push if they knew how many more we need for certain things, etc.

14. lllsssfff

lllsssfff Active Member

Thanks for the pics. Worried the hoodie may be too warm. Would you say its only a winter/fall piece? I only have zip ups and trying to fill that pull over gap in my closet.

15. oynag

oynag Senior member

The hoodie is thick. For California- winter for sure, and yes fall if we ever have one again. Definitely worth it to have a really nice comfortable sweatshirt for the cold days. You'll have it forever so even if you wear it for a month a year, you'll do it for 15 years. Thing is a tank.

I've found myself looking closely at the fabric. It has a subtle pattern that adds depth.