• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woe is me! Excruciating decisions! Hark! Egad!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To drink or to work out tomorrow morning. That is the question. They are mutually exclusive.

Woe is me. Why is life so crueeeel!?
crazy.gif
sneaky2.gif
uhoh.gif
rolleyes.gif
sarcasm.gif
eek.gif
redface.gif

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are they mutually exclusive? I'll drink tonight and still workout tomorrow morn at maybe 830 or so.
I won't get hammered, but I'll have a good time... waking up and getting going to workout won't be any different.

But if one or the other truly... drink. Work out tomorrow night?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Why are they mutually exclusive? I'll drink tonight and still workout tomorrow morn at maybe 830 or so.
I won't get hammered, but I'll have a good time... waking up and getting going to workout won't be any different.

You are a better man than I, good sir. Once I get going, I go all out with my drinking.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah I know your type...

How about this. Drink, get drunk - then try and workout drunk - do some pushups, pullups etc.. challenge your drunk friends. after 5 mins you'll feel like **** and want to stop drinking... Then you can workout tomorrow morning.. Good luck
boxing[1].gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Ah I know your type...

How about this. Drink, get drunk - then try and workout drunk - do some pushups, pullups etc.. challenge your drunk friends. after 5 mins you'll feel like **** and want to stop drinking... Then you can workout tomorrow morning.. Good luck
boxing[1].gif

Brilliant idea! See, the thing is, the more drunk I get, the more ridiculous the night becomes. I'm too young for restraint.
laugh.gif

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Brilliant idea! See, the thing is, the more drunk I get, the more ridiculous the night becomes. I'm too young for restraint.
laugh.gif

See, then I don't see why you can't get the workout in night of
smile.gif

Tardek

Reaction score
Stop drinking so much, and exercise.

You'll thank me in the long run!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't go out and ended up having a good workout today.

I regret it...
frown.gif

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I didn't go out and ended up having a good workout today.

I regret it...
frown.gif

lame

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have actually read that alcohol lowers testosterone levels. Lower testosterone levels = less intensity in a workout.

I am not stating this as fact but when I had read it a year ago it made a lot of sense. I am sure someone more knowledgeable on the subject will weight in though.

Mr. Argyle

Reaction score
Drinking beer or hard liquor? You can still exercise after a couple beers.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Nothing like a good workout to make you hate working out.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan

• Parka