Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scnupe7, Apr 8, 2005.
Any DC residents know anything about a shop called Wm. Fox & Co on G Street?
I know alot about it -- I have bought alot from them. They sell a pretty broad line-up that I'd characterize as mid-to-high end "trad":
- Dore Dore socks (the only store in DC area that sells them as far as I know) (my favorite socks on the planet)
- Pantherella socks
- Robert Talbott (shirts, ties, coats, belts)
- Jeff Rose shirts
- Chrysalis (spectacular English hunting coats)
- Barbour (ditto) (only store in DC selling them?)
- Trafalgar belts and bags
- Gitman Bros. shirts
- Samuelsohn slacks, suits and blazers
- Drake's scarves
- Dent's gloves
- Loake shoes (only store in DC area selling these that I'm aware of)
- Richel ties
- Vineyard Vines ties
- John Locke hats
- Colonel Littleton (?) hats and other stuff
They also sell a variety of pocket squares, cuff links, and doodads. There's other things they sell to but I can't think of the brands.
PLUS, the store's propoprietors are older gentlemen who obviously love the business and who know men's clothes and shoes up and down. They know all about Lobb and EG shoes, for example. The store has a clubby feel to it too, with various men's clothes-related books around (including Steve Brinkman's book) for browsing. There is no sales pressure, and sometimes I just stoll in to see if what new they've gotten in (particularly Dore Dore socks). They have excellent sales a couple times a year, with occasional other targeted discounts too.
Finally, I feel good shopping there because I want to see classic men's stores like theirs succeed and prosper.
That's pretty much what I am looking for. Thanks.
I forgot to add -- Wm. Fox also carries Bill's khakis, etc.
Separate names with a comma.