• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

With personal obligations aside, where do you really want to live?

EnglishGent

Reaction score
I really miss London, but the cost of living was so high. I'm actually in a very good place to raise my kids now, but this city completely lacks the history and culture that I grew up with. There are so many other places in the world that I would love to live if it was just me, but will just see where life takes me.

Gherkins

Reaction score
There was a time when I would have given my left arm to live in New Orleans. Even now I find it the most attractive place in the US, Katrina didn't change that at least.

But in the end I am german and would never feel home anywhere else. So it's somewhere in the Hessian mountains where I'd want to live. And right now I am less than 300km separated from that region, so it's pretty much ok as it is.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey violinist, i lived on a kibbutz right beside nehariya. what was the name of the one you were at?

Histrion

Reaction score
I think I'd like to live in San Francisco or its surroundings. I'd like to have better climate than here in QuÃ
00a9.png
bec, while being in a place with good food culture, good shows, good jobs, etc.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
hey violinist, i lived on a kibbutz right beside nehariya. what was the name of the one you were at?

Eilon.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

which one? I had some friends from shfaim, and spent a nice chunk of my youth at wingate.

rxcats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
which one? I had some friends from shfaim, and spent a nice chunk of my youth at wingate.

I had a friend (really a friend of a friend) who still lives at Kibbutz Shfaim. I even stayed there once in the '80's. His name is Rami, but I can't remember his last name. He is probably in his mid-50's now. I know his grandfather was from Italy (he always talked about how great Italy is). I recall him being an introvert and reading stuff like Kafka all the time. Last I heard, he never married and had a big smelly dog. Does he sound familiar?

kever

Reaction score
Choosing one place is terribly difficult. If I had to I'd go with Vancouver BC. You can snowboard and golf in the same day sometimes, there's fresh seafood, freshwater lakes and ocean, mountains, surfing (and pretty much any other outdoor activity), close proximity to the States for cheap shopping and flights, etc, etc. The only issue I'd have is the rainy winters. I might have to migrate when winter comes. Perhaps to Bocas del Toro in Panama, or some other tropical place.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh no i lived in KIbbutz Shomrat. it is right between acco and nahariya. ever heard or been there? right beside the behai gardens.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh no i lived in KIbbutz Shomrat. it is right between acco and nahariya. ever heard or been there? right beside the behai gardens.

I've been to Acco... never again.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love to travel, especially around Europe, but I'm always happy to come home to San Francisco. Plus, I get to ski, surf and golf all in the same weekend come March/April...

In Europe, a couple cities seemed especially "livable" to me and would love to test-drive them for a year or two if a job was available:
Vienna
Amsterdam
Stockholm
Copenhagen
Cologne

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha yea acco is pretty dirty. but it is pretty cool going through the arab part and walking through a markets that is hundreds and hundreds of years old and is still being used as a market. and your in the walls of the old city where napoleon tried to take it over! they also have one of the best chumus and pitah places in israel called sayeeds i think it is. but yeah it is pretty dirty. i do like nehariya though i think its pretty cool the boardwalk and all.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the current situation well enough, but if I could add a couple of months in the Rocky Mountains (NM, CO, MT) and roving Italian timeshare, life would be very good.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rxcats
I recall him being an introvert and reading stuff like Kafka all the time. Last I heard, he never married and had a big smelly dog. Does he sound familiar?

sounds like a kibbutznik.

no, one of the girls who were our sports instructors, in the army, was from there. can't say I know that many more

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I've been to Acco... never again.

it is very historical city. fantasic military archetecture, only a handfull of cities left with walls like that in the world.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads