• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wish I could afford any of these

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's sad is these people don't think they look like dickbags.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that all from the same show?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lumberjack and Genghis Khan influence?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not good.
laugh.gif

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The top two remind me of Hudson's Bay point blanket coats. Perhaps one of the most functional articles of clothing in history...

jett

Reaction score
How do people get jobs creating those things? And how do they keep them?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I fail to understand these "let's make fun of the runway" threads. We all know that dress tends to be more conservative around here, so what's the point? It would be different if any of these designers intended many of us for their target demographic, but I doubt that they think that anyone who has even heard or owns one piece of Brioni, Borelli, or Kiton will be that customer.

I agree that all of them are pretty ugly as they are, but the other thing to keep in mind is that often what is presented on the runway (ESPECIALLY the more outlandish looks like some of what is posted above) isn't necessarily intended to be what the designer expects the consumer to wear or to buy. Rather, in many cases, it is simply a chance for them to be creative and to play around with an idea that they have. As well, very few designers expect buyers to buy a "head to toe" look; instead they assume that the buyer will get one or two key items and then mix it themselves.

Often, on runways the items look completely unwearable or even costumish and that is the point (after sitting through fifty runway shows in one week, quite frankly I'm sure most of the audience appreciates the theatricality.) In short, the runway and the showroom are two totally different places; one is for show and the other is for business.

Finally, if you are going to post them to make fun of them, the least you could do is tell us what show it is from so that we could find the whole collection if we wanted.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are those screencaps from "Duece Bigelow 2: European Gigolo"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads