1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Winter wear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by iwantstyle, Oct 21, 2004.

1. iwantstyle

iwantstyle Member

I have a great pair of very light brown shows from Fratelli Rosetti. Can I wear these in the winter months, even though they were sold as summer shoes?

Also, I have a light yellow sweater....is this appropriate or off limits during the frost?

By the way, I live i NYC.

Thanks..

2. JuniorJetSet

JuniorJetSet Well-Known Member

Sorry for highjacking your thread, but I'd like to know too. I have a number of pastel colored sweaters and long sleeve shirts. Are these acceptable winter wear assuming I'm not in Palm Beach? [​IMG]

3. Keith T

Keith T TWAT Master.

I usually save the pastels for spring/summer. Cooler months call for "warmer" colors. The yellows should lean more towards mustard from Sept-March, IMHO. I guess if a light yellow colored sweater is made of a heavy wool, then it is obviously supposed to be worn during the winter.

Now, you can still see a lot of bright colors in the fall collections, but I think there are subtle differences vs. the summery pastel shades.

All bets are off if you live in Palm Beach, from what I understand. Its allegedly fair game to go out looking like an ice cream cone year-round there, even encouraged, I gather.

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

The general rule is to avoid pastels (and white outerwear) in the winter months. However, once in a while, I'll selectively break this 'guideline' on a particularly sunny winter day. On such a day, those shoes would look great with that sweater...but don't do it often, and don't do it at night.