1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Scarves

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToDie4Style, Sep 22, 2011.

1. ToDie4Style

ToDie4Style Well-Known Member

So winter is just around the corner. I'm looking to buy a new scarf (or scarves) for the winter. Recommend me some good ideas or post pics of what you'll be wearing.

Thanks!

2. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I picked up a wool plaid scarf a few days ago at some rundown thrift shop.

It's a bit itchy, but super warm. I recommend checking your local vintage/thrift stores.

3. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Let's just say Schneider now and get it out of the way.

4. ToDie4Style

Hmm I didn't think of that. How does it look? I'm aiming for style as well as functionality. I'm sure a thrift shop would save me a few hundred dollars over a Burberry scarf LOL.

I'm guessing these are high-end scarves? I've never purchased an "expensive" scarf before, so I'm kind of new to the game. I'm looking for something stylish yet functional. I checked out the Burberry scarves which are around $300+.

5. ToDie4Style

Ok I just did a little research -- I presume you're referring to Stephan Schneider scarves? They look very nice and you have me interested. So where can I get them? I couldn't find a retail website?

I'm in NYC if that helps. Thanks.

6. jslade

jslade Senior member

Plus one on this. I picked up two SS scarves for the winter from South Willard in LA. Really nice pieces.

I don't live in NYC, but I think Opening Ceremony stocked them last year? Don't quote me on this.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  7. david123

david123 Senior member

8. ToDie4Style

Thanks so much! Just checked the website and they have them. So are these scarves just meant to be worn casually with a sweater or can they be worn over a winter coat as well such as a pea coat?

Thanks again.

9. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

try yoox.com - over 400 of those suckers up now

10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

11. ToDie4Style

Thanks! Very nice selection.

...?

12. otc

otc Senior member

I've gotten some great scarves from sierra trading post from johnstons of elgin.

I bought one for myself in a semi-heavy merino that is quite nice and I use it all of the time in the winter.

I bought another one as a gift for an ex-girlfriend in a cashmere plaid and thought it was great (although I am pretty sure she lost it and didn't want to tell me...because after a certain point, I never saw it again)

13. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Senior member

Kapital scarf I proxied from Japan. Their scarf (and sock!) range is INSANE.

[​IMG]

And some quick fitpics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. cssisco

cssisco Well-Known Member

check out a company called The Hill-Side... NYC based too! They make really nice ties,pocket squares and scarves.

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I second the recommendation on johnstons of elgin- very nice scarves at fair prices.

I picked up a couple of Inerallan hand knits that I'm looking forward to wearing when it gets really cold.