1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Parka/Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by playdohh22, Sep 15, 2010.

1. xM.

xM. Senior member

love the club monaco jacket, wish they'd re-release it.

2. tit_tyrant

tit_tyrant Well-Known Member

just got the LL bean jacket

im 5'8" @ 160lbs and i wear a size small in nearly everything and this shit is fuckin huge
    im going to return it and i dont think im going to size down, a XS will prob be too baggy, not what im lookin for

size SMALL
    [​IMG]

Appreciate the pics man. Glad I didn't jump on this deal because I would be paying the $7 to return also. I'm sure it's warm as hell though.

3. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

ya i figured the pics would help people out, i didnt have high expectations for it but i dont mind taking a gamble on things as long as i can return it pretty easy

4. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

^Lol This is my Club Monaco one from last winter. Prob gonna sell it though.
    You should post more WAYWT, man. Always dominating your style. Do you mind providing some details on the sweats? Still searching for the perfect pair, and I like the slimness of the one you're wearing.

5. innerstyle

innerstyle Senior member

just got the LL bean jacket

im 5'8" @ 160lbs and i wear a size small in nearly everything and this shit is fuckin huge
    im going to return it and i dont think im going to size down, a XS will prob be too baggy, not what im lookin for

size SMALL

Thank for posting your fit pics.

I bought the same jacket, same size, and I'm even smaller than you. I hope they do free returns. BTW, I don't think they offer an XS.

6. dave333

dave333 Senior member

+1

Unless it's one of those serious wool peacoats made of the extra heavy wool and lined and shit. Just a regular sterlingwear surplus one is not gonna be enough at all for winter. Will be fine for most of fall and early spring though. In a city it's not quite as bad because you're usually on salted sidewalks or going from subway to building to bus kinda thing so you're not outside quite as often but if you're in vermont it's gonna be a bit more "rustic". Prob should just cave and get a superwarm down jacket with a hood and waterproof. Could probably scoop one up on ebay or something if you didn't want to pay a bunch for a non-stylish jacket

Damn. Well I'll be going here for four years so I might as well invest in a nice jacket that looks good.

I've been looking through but it's pretty tough to find one that is nice looking in addition to warm, though willycheesesteak's looked damn nice

7. Eli

Eli Member

ya i figured the pics would help people out, i didnt have high expectations for it but i dont mind taking a gamble on things as long as i can return it pretty easy

Yeah man , thanks a lot. I'm the same size as you and this coat is not for me. Have a great day.

8. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

9. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

10. maybes

maybes New Member

Here's one Hare released recently: [​IMG] sorta undercover/visvim-ish.

11. ctbrew

ctbrew Member

This is a LIGHT down jacket, I have one, waterproof, the slash pockets are very insulated, a coat for sleety miserable days rather than arctic ones:

http://www.backcountry.com/mountain-...down-coat-mens

The quality is very good but has all sorts of logos on it.

12. super_paws

super_paws Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Damnnnnn...

13. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Anybody have any fit pics of the BoO parka? Looks amazing, but how warm would it be?

14. slide13

slide13 Senior member

BoO piece was cool right up 'till I saw the velcro on the cuffs...too bad.

15. diamonds

diamonds Senior member

16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

That shit can't handle Canadian winters.. -30C is not fun.

17. irbe

irbe Senior member

That shit can't handle Canadian winters.. -30C is not fun.

Ha, agreed will tear it up.

18. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Yeah that BoO looks pretty nice but no way that thing is warm enough for true Canadian winter weather (and by "true" I mean sans vcv).

19. iroh

iroh Senior member

Think W+H has a parka coming out....but going to be like 7 bills....
    $780 or not a cheap parka still looks like a cheap parka. [​IMG]

20. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Wore my Jil down coat shirtless underneath to take out trash, was toasty at 15 F.