Winter Parka/Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by playdohh22, Sep 15, 2010.

1. thinksyncopated

thinksyncopated Well-Known Member

you mean ll bean signature? what size are you usually/what are your measurements?

I bought the LL bean down coat but had to return it because the fit was horrid. The S fit like Med and the sleeves were super baggy. It was warm though. Even was layering it wouldn't have looked good IMO. Maybe if LL Bean canvas put out a version?

2. dave333

dave333 Senior member

I'm currently at midd college in vermont. Is a wool peacoat with some layers going to cut it? or do i need some heavier stuff?

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I bought the LL bean down coat but had to return it because the fit was horrid. The S fit like Med and the sleeves were super baggy. It was warm though. Even was layering it wouldn't have looked good IMO. Maybe if LL Bean canvas put out a version?
    What's your height/weight/size?

4. exzebache

exzebache Well-Known Member

Any recommendations on parkas? Considering going with this (from LL Bean) as the price isn't bad. Not sure about the fit, though. Based on MiniW's experience, I'm hesitant.

[​IMG]

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I'm currently at midd college in vermont. Is a wool peacoat with some layers going to cut it? or do i need some heavier stuff?

you need a fucking space suit dogg, that place is cold as balls

6. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

Canada[​IMG]

Canadian prices are already half of what they retail for in the rest of the world. [​IMG]

still expensive as hell

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

you need a fucking space suit dogg, that place is cold as balls

+1

Unless it's one of those serious wool peacoats made of the extra heavy wool and lined and shit. Just a regular sterlingwear surplus one is not gonna be enough at all for winter. Will be fine for most of fall and early spring though. In a city it's not quite as bad because you're usually on salted sidewalks or going from subway to building to bus kinda thing so you're not outside quite as often but if you're in vermont it's gonna be a bit more "rustic". Prob should just cave and get a superwarm down jacket with a hood and waterproof. Could probably scoop one up on ebay or something if you didn't want to pay a bunch for a non-stylish jacket

8. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Does anyone know if LL Bean ever has online sales or coupon codes? I just signed up for their website. I have never owned anything from LL Bean. I want a winter coat but am hoping to save a little on it but don't want to just sit around waiting if they never offer discounts. Thanks.

9. ma1

ma1 Senior member

yeah that's what i thought, not worth getting unless your big enough to size down

10. asdf

asdf Senior member

I just got this. Sized down slightly (I'm a 42-44 and bought a Large). Fit is quite slim, has the matte finish, down fill, and insulated hood I was looking for.

It's also on-sale in-store right now.

Must take seam-ripper to the sleeve-badge now.

11. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

20% off LL bean coupon
    [​IMG]

got this:
    [​IMG]

12. tit_tyrant

tit_tyrant Well-Known Member

Damn, trying to decide between that LL Bean jacket ^ or a ToJ winter varsity. At under half the price, I think I'm going to have to use the LL Bean coupon and just save up to cop a DR or bomber next year

13. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

i have my doubts about how the LL bean jacket actually looks in person...but i dont mind taking the chance because it should be easy to return

14. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

YES! I almost went to LL Bean today to buy a winter coat but was too lazy after work. Thanks!

I was going to buy the one you got, snuff. But they actually had this one at the LL Bean store and I tried it on and really liked it.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65788?feat=593-GN1

15. choojk

choojk New Member

^^ thanks for the info, gonna get my hands on 1.