1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Parka/Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by playdohh22, Sep 15, 2010.

1. playdohh22

playdohh22 Senior member

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

3. irbe

irbe Senior member

Think W+H has a parka coming out....but going to be like 7 bills....

4. irbe

irbe Senior member

Sorry i mean down jacket coming out

5. Fahim.

Fahim. Senior member

Think W+H has a parka coming out....but going to be like 7 bills....
    The parka is already available, click here.

6. whatever123

^

given what that guy was looking at i think the w + h is like a full five steps above what he was seeking. but that jacket is a possibility on my end, so thanks.[​IMG]

7. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

Nau had a similar jacket last year, forgot the name. Epaulet carried it. Price was around 350.

8. entrero

entrero Senior member

9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Canada Goose

I'm Canadian...wondering where is the best place to get it for cheap (not online). What store might give a discount on it?

10. gearhead

gearhead Senior member

canada goose is another one, especially the japan edition of chateau or calgary on uncle otis store. however, cheaper? i dunno man. check out mountain co op store and see if u can something there.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I'm Canadian...wondering where is the best place to get it for cheap (not online). What store might give a discount on it?

Canada[​IMG]

Canadian prices are already half of what they retail for in the rest of the world. [​IMG]

12. Islander

Islander Senior member

I think Harry Rosen sells Canada Goose.

Another option, kinda midrange between W+H and Patagonia is the Fjallraven Cantwell Jacket

I just picked one up on the B&S.

13. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Senior member

unless you're a bouncer or you're being exposed to the cold for 1 hour+ per day i wouldn't buy a canadian market goose... shits just too damn warm with anything except a t-shirt

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

15. whatever123

7...save money and buy something nice.

goose down by crescent down works or something along those lines. spending an extra couple hundred dollars will go a long way with clothes. focus on buying pieces that will last for years, not for a season. just my thoughts.

16. whatever123

unless you're a bouncer or you're being exposed to the cold for 1 hour+ per day i wouldn't buy a canadian market goose... shits just too damn warm with anything except a t-shirt

totally agree. c-g shit is designed for expeditions and stuff along those lines.

17. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Only way you can get discount on cg is online or boxing day/week sales. Check out europe bound on king west, second floor, ask for the lodge model, that shit rocks, not bulky, not flashy, not typical everybody is wearing it cg and not too warm either just a thin windproof clean looking down jacket (aside from the white sleeve patch of course [​IMG] ) and iirc its less than 3 bills.

18. playdohh22

playdohh22 Senior member

anything priced significantly lower?

W+H isn't my style. something more versatile and simple.

19. acl1

acl1 Senior member

Mountain Hardwear is pretty solid. From your initial choice, it seems like you want to restrict your budget. Carhatt apparel is pretty awesome too, you should check it out. The good thing about workwear brands is that they're exceptionally durable, but if you want more quality then I'd agree with others; save up.

20. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

[​IMG] <3 miss looking at it in the closet and wanting winter to come, now I'm at school and can only look at pics while it sits alone, lonely in my dark unoccupied room 20 miles away