1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Winter jacket color questions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hlsam, Sep 12, 2012.

1. hlsam

hlsam Member

After lots of consideration, I have decided that I am going to get a Canada Goose Chilliwack jacket for the upcoming Chicago winter. However, I still have two questions, one about color and one about making a slight modification.

1. The color question: I am torn between navy blue and graphite grey. The navy is a dark navy and the graphite is a dark grey. I want a color that I can wear with everything. Brown shoes, black shoes, black slacks, grey slacks, brown slacks, and blue jeans as well. I feel like both graphite and navy will accomplish this, but I am just wondering, will one of them do it better? I'm going to be spending a decent chunk of cash on this coat, and I want to make sure that I get a color that is versatile and that I will be happy with. I am leaning towards navy, but I am mainly concerned about whether or not a navy jacket will look good with jeans.

2. The modification question: Do you think I can remove the Canada Goose patch from the arm? Here is a link that shows a good example of the Canada Goose patch that I might want to remove. I think it is just stitched over the fabric, so I imagine it would not be too much of an issue. I am not buying the jacket to show off my Canada Goose. I want the jacket because I like the fit, the performance, and the functionality. I actually think the patch is pretty obnoxious, because it has become associated with $600 winter jackets. Would it be weird to remove the patch so the coat is a tad bit less noticeable?

I have visited styleforum many times in the past, but this is my first time posting. I thank you in advance for your advice!

2. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I'd go for dark grey if it were me

3. hlsam

hlsam Member

Update: I decided I will leave the patch on. However, my first question about navy vs grey still stands. Here are pictures of each color on a real model, so you can actually see what the color looks like. Thoughts?

Grey

Navy

4. nicholasliggin

nicholasliggin Member

Ya you should not remove the patch..good decision! And i would recommend you to get the navy one..it will go with everything like you said-Brown shoes, black shoes, black slacks, grey slacks, brown slacks, and blue jeans as well.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  5. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Although I'd favor the blue, both colors appear to be equally versatile. The gray one would look better with blue jeans. I would leave the patch on as the jacket is pretty casual looking and removing the patch won't change the look of it very much. If after you wear it a while you decide the patch still bothers you, you can always remove it. You may end up getting used to it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  6. DXB

DXB Senior member

Never wear that jacket to Toronto in the winter.