Winter colognes

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by thejackal, Apr 10, 2002.

1. thejackal

thejackal Member

What winter colognes have people used and liked or had good comments regarding it.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Forgive my ignorance, gentlemen, but there are summer and winter colognes?

If so, what is the difference?

I have a really weird system I will share...I wear "spicey" scents with earth tones, and "citrus" scents with blues, grays, and pastels.

Perhaps this is a better system, although mine has always worked for me.

3. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Steve: What everyone means by "summer" colognes is colognes with a more citrus scent. Examples would be: Aqua de Parma, D&G Masculine, ect... As for "winter" colognes i would guess this means more woodsy or soapy scents.
    As for a "winter" scents, i was out shopping for colognes a few weeks ago and after sampling Creed, not seeing what the hype is about (It's not THAT great); the saleslady at Barney's suggested Gendarme. For those not familiar, it smells like soap, which is quite refeshing and different than most other colognes. I definatly plan on buying this in the future. For the past winter i wore Gucci Envy almost exclusively, which has a very woodsy scent.

4. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I like Declaration very much. But when in doubt, summer or winter, I always can rely on "Eau Savage". A tasteful, light scent.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Mike C:

Is Gendarme like Jaipur Homme?

Has anyone tried Neroli by Czech and Speake?

I remember now why I never registered the summer and winter thing. I live in CA, and we don't really have winter. Wearing citrus in the snow would smell kinda funny LOL

6. Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest Active Member

Is anybody familiar with this cologne, Angel by Thierry Mugel? If so, what is your opinion about this one?

7. Grand Arcanum

Grand Arcanum Member

My rule of thumb with colognes is to keep it simple. Stay away from the trendy ones such as Tommy Hilfiger or Polo Sport- you don't want to be smelling like 1/2 of the kids in high school.

"Angel" sports a great scent- it is the combination of vanilla and wood. The only drawback is that it's a bit pricey.

What has worked the best for me is spray a light touch of aftershave and then apply Yves Saint Laurent cologne over it.