• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Coats. What's your timeless "go to" winter jacket that gets the most compliments?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love coats and have several. I tend to get the most compliments when wear either my RL duffel, Isaia peacoat, or Prada bomber jacket.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyway, I really like the Orvis coat. The fact that it's $250 (half the cost of Gloverall) may seal the deal. But, it's made of Wool/polyester/polymide/acrylic, while the Gloverall is made of Wool/polymide only. As an added bonus, I was already looking at gloves from Orvis, so this will save me shipping as well. I might order this coat within a few days. Thanks for this, guys.

Unless that photo has been reversed, you've posted a womens duffel coat, but hey, if that is what does it for you then rock on sister. :slayer:

Last edited:

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that for a woman's duffle, the toggles are on the left with the loops on the right and it was the opposite for man's coat. The Orvis is strange in the sense that the coat closes like a woman's coat but buttons like a mans. The BB coat looks right.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just got this overcoat and i think it will prove to be very timeless. only wore it a few times so far as its not cold daily yet in bmore, and have got plenty of compliments.

zegna, 100% cashmere, was well under 1500.

2011-11-06_19-18-59_12.jpg

nringo

Reaction score

i just got this overcoat and i think it will prove to be very timeless. only wore it a few times so far as its not cold daily yet in bmore, and have got plenty of compliments.
zegna, 100% cashmere, was well under 1500.
2011-11-06_19-18-59_12.jpg

I have a similar coat from RL, though not cashmere. Cornelliani made, great fit, should last for years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads