• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

winter boots

freelance robotics

Reaction score
for those of you who live in snowy areas, what do you do for footwear in the winter? i've been looking around but i have not had a lot of luck finding boots that i find aesthetically pleasing and also seem practical for dealing with michigan winters. any suggestions?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there are a bunch of these threads around, try using that search button or click around on the first 4 pages or so!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my most recent pickup was the LL Bean bison boots. Will be my nr 1 boot for winter, with ragg socks..

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img10123120735.jpeg

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude You only wish you could be that sexy.

I walk down the street with those babies and the girls all scream "Ayeiiiiii"

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im sure some of you guys may think i was serious when I posted those boots, given my like of pointy leather shoes, but I posted them as a joke. I saw them on rakuten and stared in amazement.

Serg

Reaction score
87925BLK.jpg
I got these fryes. We need a boot picture sticky...

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Im sure some of you guys may think i was serious when I posted those boots, given my like of pointy leather shoes, but I posted them as a joke.

Sure you did.......
sarcasm.gif

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the red wings I have that I can fit a thicker sock in works great as winter boots aswell. Water proof/resistant, good traction and high enough not to get snow in.

kbuzz

Reaction score
defiantley need a sticky on this...use the search function.

personally i like the CJ snowden or some other variation there of by any of the other manufactuers...

http://www.crockettandjones.co.uk/countryshoes-sno.html

the alden chukkas have been discussion extensively as well...particuarly the cordovan ones....

i sorta like the jcrew red wings also....but have no idea what they look like in person or the quality

warrengharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
All the red wings I have that I can fit a thicker sock in works great as winter boots aswell. Water proof/resistant, good traction and high enough not to get snow in.

Will the salt on the roads/sidewalks mess up the leather though?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads