• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Winter Boots

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
How 'bout these.

I think I might like them even better than last year's.

I'll never quite understand boots with laces AND zippers. These would be decent without the zipper and snap flap.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I have them from last year. The zip means I never unlace the boots. It's incredibly unobtrusive, especially when you don't do boot tuck (mostly they go under pants or my W+H straights or RRDS), but even when you do and it's visible it's not at all a focal point. It's just a good detail. I dunno, the company that makes them actually made boots for the army, so they must have some idea of what they're doing.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the look of laces, but the convenience of zippers

practically, it still allows you to adjust the tightness of the boots with the laces, without actually having to spend 5 min lacing/unlacing

Tako-kun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
How 'bout these.

I think I might like them even better than last year's.

JD_May, you have these boots, right? Do you feel that the zippers might ever break, separate from the rest of the boot or leak, etc? I've always kinda hesitated to buy zippered boots for that reason, although I can appreciate the convenience.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have experience with Julius boots, as to how well they last when used in the winter time?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tako-kun
JD_May, you have these boots, right? Do you feel that the zippers might ever break, separate from the rest of the boot or leak, etc? I've always kinda hesitated to buy zippered boots for that reason, although I can appreciate the convenience.
No. They're extremely well made boots. As tough or tougher than anything else I own.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't know why more people aren't into butteros, barneys had the classic one along with a higher reverse calf one that was dumb nice.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was browsing Rakuten for boots the other day and they had a huge selection of Butteros, they're beautiful boots

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I agree they're not quite winter boots, then again I don't live in canada and I don't think about snow but they should get more love on here. Barneys doesn't put up everything they have on their site unfortunately.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the n.d.c. Gianni boots in suede, if I had mad money I'd cop those for my winter boots.
Saw it on Rakuten for ~$980

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Am I crazy or did someone just recommend the OP should wear a women's Cardy UGG boot? Hey lady, if you've got your man wearing UGG's in public then do him a favor and keep reading & studying this website.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's