1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Verna, Jul 19, 2009.

1. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

I know this probably isn't the thread for it, but i was looking at boots at piperlime for no good reason... haha and i saw these by Guess. I know they wouldnt be great winter boots but what do you think of them in general?

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...scid=739577002

Really horrible. The extraneous stitching looks cheap and stupid, and they just look poorly made.

2. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

^^ That extra stitching by the captoe and the sides are truly what kill it. I wouldn't call it a Winter boot, but if they removed the unnecessary stitching, it would be a Buttero knock-off at a significantly cheaper price...

3. splattered

splattered Senior member

Haha alright

My monitor at work is super dark and sucks balls even when i turn up the brightness i usually have to email myself links and check stuff out at home where i can actually see it better. Seriously.

4. Fraz

Fraz New Member

I'm also a poor college student without any boots. It doesn't snow here (or even get particularly cold), but it does rain a lot. I've been trying to decide if I can justify buying something like the LL Bean Katahdin boots for use in rainy weather. Any thoughts, or alternative suggestions?

5. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I know this probably isn't the thread for it, but i was looking at boots at piperlime for no good reason... haha and i saw these by Guess. I know they wouldnt be great winter boots but what do you think of them in general?

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...scid=739577002

I think they made me regurgitate my lunch.

6. ivan k

ivan k Senior member

I'm also a poor college student without any boots. It doesn't snow here (or even get particularly cold), but it does rain a lot. I've been trying to decide if I can justify buying something like the LL Bean Katahdin boots for use in rainy weather. Any thoughts, or alternative suggestions?

I always thought the Palladium baggy would be a good cheap rain boot - I guess you'd have to waterproof the canvas though.

7. sea0bass

sea0bass Active Member

That link is dead. Anyone got another or picture of said boot? I've been hunting for something in black. Any opinion on these: http://www.timberland.com/product/in...entPage=family

I haven't seen this particular one but the styling looks a little like their Timberland Boot Co. line. The sole does not look like it will last very long but if you don't mind getting the sole fixed once a year it should fine.

I got a pair of Timberland Boot Co. Tackhead and am considering getting the Colrain pull-on and side zip for the winter. Their boots are very comfortable compare to my other boots. In fact I am considering returning the Red Wing pull-on I ordered so I can get the Timberland ones.