• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter boots that aren't ugly

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
I know there's an existing topic for this but it hasn't been posted in in over year so let's get off to a fresh start.

I live in Montreal and I've been looking for boots that will be good in the snow/ice/slush and still look solid. I am beginning to think that this is a ******* impossible thing to find. It would be nice if they cost under $300 as well, because no matter how strong they are they are going to get beat up pretty bad.

Aeglus recommended the Red Wing 2268 but I think it's a bit more than I'd like to spend, unless they're available somewhere I don't know about for cheaper.

2268_002.jpg

Any ideas guys?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great thread! xpost from should i/shouldnt i...

ultimate traction:
http://www.thecorner.com/item/YOOX/G...s/sr_tcsalesm3

i heard the cp boots arent that awesome? can someone attest to this?

also, with regards to red wings during the winter, ive worn my red wings all last winter and never slipped once. they were just the regular round toe work boot. nothing epic like aeglus'
ive got some rick combat boots(crepe soles) coming in, hopefully they have good traction. these will be my winterboots as ive sold my red wings and the rag and bones are leather soled.

edit#2: http://www.thecorner.com/item/YOOX/K...s/sr_tcsalesm3
good for winter? look too much like timberlands?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I actually like those KVA boots. Sorry dude I don't think any designer stuff is going to hold up to the tech outdoor brands. Sorels are pretty cheap, might buy these:http://www.sorel.com/1964-Pac%E2%84%...efault,pd.html I'm sure they're ******* ugly as **** to you though. After a certain point function has to overtake fashion, I don't give a **** how I look in a blizzard warmness is top priority. Although most of you live in a city where I'm out in the boondocks, so that makes a difference I suppose.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frye engineer boots? When i was in the CF our regular combat boots were decent for snow and ****, see if you can snag some from a surplus.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I know there's an existing topic for this but it hasn't been posted in in over year so let's get off to a fresh start. I live in Montreal and I've been looking for boots that will be good in the snow/ice/slush and still look solid. I am beginning to think that this is a ******* impossible thing to find. It would be nice if they cost under $300 as well, because no matter how strong they are they are going to get beat up pretty bad. Aeglus recommended the Red Wing 2268 but I think it's a bit more than I'd like to spend, unless they're available somewhere I don't know about for cheaper. [/img] Any ideas guys?
****, you live in Canada? why?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun

Sorels are pretty cheap, might buy these:http://www.sorel.com/1964-Pac%E2%84%...efault,pd.html

I'm sure they're ******* ugly as **** to you though.

After a certain point function has to overtake fashion, I don't give a **** how I look in a blizzard warmness is top priority. Although most of you live in a city where I'm out in the boondocks, so that makes a difference I suppose.

Yes they are goddamn ugly but I'd rather buy them than buy $300 shoes that will get destroyed in the snow. I'm just wondering if there is an option out there for non-ugly winter boots. I don't see a need for function and style to be mutually exclusive.

crackerjack

Reaction score
I remember fuji saying that All Saints boots weren't bad quality at all- they're a bit cheaper than RW/etc as well.

eightdouble

Reaction score
i am guessing these are in complete opposition to your aesthetic. but they won't fall apart.

snow-day-08.jpg

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'll just buy those and be done with it once and for all

cj_snowdon_2.jpg

eightdouble

Reaction score
i posted those because you said you'd rather wear the sorels than have a 300 dollar pair fall apart. i think the bean boots look better than the sorels and are cheaper. that said: i wear a pair of tretorn stralas. then change when i get to work.
tretorn-strala-sommar-rubber-pull-on-boot-3.jpg
60 bucks. waterproof. lined.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads