1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Winter boots that aren't ugly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by brad-t, Nov 30, 2010.

1. softy

softy Senior member

I was going to say, maybe we should focus on good looking cheap shoes that could be modded to a winter sole.

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

ro combat boots. hopefully theyll do.

Attachment 54810Attachment 54811Attachment 54812Attachment 54813

why don't you just donate those to me since you don't know how to treat em right...

I vote for an iroh × uncontrol meetup in Toronto

for sexin?

3. softy

softy Senior member

i think i'm just going to browse ridiculous random dress boots over in MC and then stick a commando sole on them

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

6. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

You'll need at least two pairs. Wet, cold boots are miserable. If you do a lot of walking, insulated boots will make it much more pleasant. Rubber soles are essential. Many people making recommendations have obviously never been to Montreal in winter. The engineer boots in your first post are the best so far. I wear Filson boots and they're great, but probably not your style. [​IMG]

7. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

The engineer boots in your first post are the best so far. I wear Filson boots and they're great, but probably not your style.

Uncontrol you're not going to beat RW2268s, they're the closest it gets to invincible tanks in your style. Just cough up the extra money and stop buying Tornado Mart floral prints for a month. It's worth it because you won't have to worry about winter boots for like 20 years!

8. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

9. vthustle

vthustle Senior member

i'd tend to agree with Aeglus... although i think the just cavalli ones fit your personality even better

10. bob99

bob99 Senior member

My only comment is not to get the black-on-black Sorels. I have them. They don't look good. In real life, they look worse than the pictures. As a "shovel 3 feet of snow" boot they are passable. For everything else, they are complete POSes.

I lived in Toronto last winter, and I agree that some of the boots posted here are pretty high-fashion for brutally cold snow, slush and ice.

11. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

No matter how good the boots are, isn't the salt going to chew them up regardless? I guess you could carry a bottle of leather cleaner and a steady supply of soft cloths with you everywhere you go.

12. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

No matter how good the boots are, isn't the salt going to chew them up regardless? I guess you could carry a bottle of leather cleaner and a steady supply of soft cloths with you everywhere you go.

Yes, this is inevitable. I have a pair of Red Wings that I've worn through 3 winters as an alternate pair of boots and they're in rough shape. Just clean them off at the end of the day and you can keep most boots for at least a few years.

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Uncontrol you're not going to beat RW2268s, they're the closest it gets to invincible tanks in your style. Just cough up the extra money and stop buying Tornado Mart floral prints for a month. It's worth it because you won't have to worry about winter boots for like 20 years!

hahaha, maybe i will deal with it then

i like the cavalli ones i posted but they would probably get destroyed in a season, huh?

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

15. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

16. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I just want some black wellies.

Well thats a lie. I want black knee high horseback leather boots (would totally take the RL ones) but I have never found something like that for much under a grand.

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

unc, you should do what softy is doing...except with cuban heels.
    cuban heel-commando sole boots!!

Honestly sounds awesome but cuban heels on ice sounds like a bad idea.

18. softy

softy Senior member

why dont you get that nom de guerre lookbook stuff like furry boots

19. Lane

Lane Senior member

it must suck living somewhere where it snows really bad...oh wait

[​IMG]

20. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

[​IMG]

Sup with cole haan?