• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter boots that aren't ugly

GSquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
White's SmokeJumper Plain Toe Roughtout:
had to re-learn how to walk on these armour kicks. finally, after 2 weeks wear, they finally broke in & relented to its new master. 'just got them weather proofed & ready for NYC winter.

sexscwsj2.jpg

wsj0.jpg

wsjlugs.jpg

These look sweet. I only see them available in black though. I'd definitely like the brown. Are they really warm?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^they're not insulated like the actual snow boots, but you can size up/wide so you can wear them with wool socks in the winter & do insole inserts for when you wear thinner socks in the fall/spring. the soles are Vibram 100F lugs. acceptable traction for ice ... & not that i plan to walk on fire, but they're heat resistant up to 475 deg F.

Originally Posted by slide13
What did you do to treat those for winter wear? I have a pair of roughouts myself and have been thinking about keeping them as is or doing something to them for winter use and making them my go-to winter boots.
well, it's 1st time i've done this, so pls proceed with caution.

instead of "dubbing" the entire boots with Sno-Seal [nat. beeswax], i just applied it on & around the welt area to waterproof the seams. then, single coated the leather uppers with Obenauf LP & used blowdryer to distribute evenly. it's going to look pretty much like it has been dubbed @first, tho'.

in spring, i'm planning to wash off the winter gunk with saddle soap &/or suede cleaner/protector.

Originally Posted by Aries83
What jeans are you wearing there? Samurai?
SExSC02

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I thought this thread was about boots that weren't ugly as dog doodoo?
Originally Posted by sipang
I think I'll just buy those and be done with it once and for all
cj_snowdon_2.jpg

These are the best boots in the thread, I'm copping if I ever need some winter boots for the mountains.

bare bodkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dshin
There was a post about wearing these with dressier pants in the MC forum a few weeks back. Here is a pic from the post:
IMG_1576.jpg

I probably wouldn't go that route...i just plan on wearing these with jeans/casual pants.

lol what are they thinking over in MC

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Yeah those ones are nice; I agree that this thread didn't go as intended
frown.gif

you wanted winter boots?
confused.gif

pdsf

Reaction score
There is a pair of Grensons on the Stels site that are okay...

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
you wanted winter boots?
confused.gif

So the the second half of the title doesn't display correctly on a Mac?

samuels

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I thought this thread was about boots that weren't ugly as dog doodoo?

These are the best boots in the thread, I'm copping if I ever need some winter boots for the mountains.

so, what boots are these?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
crockett and jones snowdon

too chunky for me but still gud

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I submit these. Not for every day urban use, necessarily, but for heavy trudging through the snow. I just bought them. I had been trying to wait on some Yuketen, Quoddy, or Oak Street boots but I live in Los Angeles most of the time and probably should be spending that money on shoes anyway. Nicest Sorel's I've seen: http://www.thetannery.com/ProductDet...3312&sid=48468

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads