• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Boots for Walking

Navy

Reaction score
I will be working as a tour guide this December which involves a lot of walking even during rain/snow. What are some stylish boots that can keep my feet comfortable for walking and also functions well in winter? Have been considering the LL Bean Boots which, although don't look the best, still look better than the other winter boots I've been checking out. Any suggestions?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes but you are forgetting the most important will they be essential for dinner and may i dare say dessert?!?

Navy

Reaction score
I will need to wear them day and night!

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes but will you be attending dinners and having dessert? It would also help to know your complexion.

Navy

Reaction score

Yes but will you be attending dinners and having dessert? It would also help to know your complexion.

Yes I will be having dinner and desserts as well :)
I am a lean Asian male in my twenties.

Navy

Reaction score
Redwing beckman gt
Those look great but at around $300 I wouldn't mind considering other options (Are there stores in NYC that can sell it cheaper?)

Also have been considering LL Bean Katahdin which was well-appraised here on SF but the price is now $210 compared to the old $150. Although more expensive, I have also considered RMW Comfort Craftsman, not sure how these fare in snow/rain though. So currently I'm trying to decide between:

LL Bean Katahdin
RMW Comfort Craftsman
Redwing GT

One more thing. If I do buy any of these boots, can they effectively replace my Clarks Beeswax DB for every occasion? Or are the beeswax still the ultimate casual shoe?

Zassiliss

Reaction score

One more thing. If I do buy any of these boots, can they effectively replace my Clarks Beeswax DB for every occasion? Or are the beeswax still the ultimate casual shoe?

They truly are the pinnacle of footwear.

Honestly, for boots most of your good options are going to be around $300+ at retail, so your best bet would be browsing B+S or saving up. I live in Minnesota, and my winter boots are my Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots, which I vibramed with a sole with a bit more grip.

wgxbyzvbL

Reaction score
You need a pair of shoes wihic wear resistant and warm.
bounce2.gif

11.gif

Last edited:

Navy

Reaction score

You need a pair of shoes wihic wear resistant and warm.:bounce2:
11.gif
I'm hoping the 3 boots I was considering above would have these traits right? Ok so I'm going to spend a bit more and think of this as an investment which I can wear a lot. I like the RMW Craftsman but I'm worried they might look too dressy and maybe won't hold as well on snow/rain. The Katahdin are the cheapest option and appear to be the best value so I might check that out as well. The Redwing GTs look great as well! If I were to buy only one boot for walking long distances in Winter and also need to be presentable, which one should I buy?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You keep repeating the same stuff only slightly different most people will probably ignore this thread now.

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
Well since you say you'll be living in them, I suggest you go beyond the traditional "work boot" brands, and have a look at more technical, lightweight models that you can find online. Patagonia has a pair that would be PERFECT for you , and they are nice looking as well. They could literally go from a snowy mountain pass to a restaurant or shopping with no problem. They are supposed to be waterproof and made for hiking.

Navy

Reaction score
Well since you say you'll be living in them, I suggest you go beyond the traditional "work boot" brands, and have a look at more technical, lightweight models that you can find online. Patagonia has a pair that would be PERFECT for you , and they are nice looking as well. They could literally go from a snowy mountain pass to a restaurant or shopping with no problem. They are supposed to be waterproof and made for hiking.

Thanks for the advice, I do need to eat at a restaurant/shopping every day so unsure if the 'work boots' will fit these occasions (even though they will be perfect for walking in winter).

The Patagonia linked looks 'functionable' but the look just isn't my cup of tea..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads