• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Boots 2011 / 2012

AHShadow

Reaction score

i also am looking for a boot that doesn't look ridic with denim/pants with hem openings openings of 7.5 and lower.

Make that < 7.0 :nodding:

gwydion

Reaction score
wUquq.jpg

These are uggs o.o

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wUquq.jpg

These are uggs o.o

reflecting authentic UGG
00ae.png
craftsmanship, comfort, and casual luxury."
Made in China. IIRC they sell cowhide boots labeled "cordovan color"

Last edited:

NormanF

Reaction score
reflecting authentic UGG
00ae.png
craftsmanship, comfort, and casual luxury."
Made in China. IIRC they sell cowhide boots labeled "cordovan color"

Sheepskin-lined boots? I prefer them with Vibram soles and I don't trust non-mountain boots on treacherous snow and ice-slicked urban terrain.

Last edited:

captainfunk

Reaction score

Sheepskin-lined boots? I prefer them with Vibram soles and I don't trust non-mountain boots on treacherous snow and ice-slicked urban terrain.

Looks like a vibram christy sole.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are not Cristy sole but I agree with NormanF that these aren't legit Vivram soles for hiking/walking on snow

Last edited:

captainfunk

Reaction score

they are not Cristy sole but I agree with NormanF that these aren't legit Vivram soles for hiking/walking on snow

If it's vibram, it's generally going to be a quality sole. Obviously you can walk in the snow in these. Short hike? Sure. Would I on a regular basis? No. I would wear my Sorels in the snow or my vasque hiking boots for an actual hike. But the point is you're just stable wearing these vibram soles as you are with some other "more official mountain boot" with the same soles when walking on an icy sidewalk.

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out the North Face Ballard boots. Leather is **** but price is good (less than half the danner/diemme stuffs) and tread looks good.

A little disturbed by the Hypebeast comment tho..

"i need these boots ASAP they hard as **** they clean as hell they fresh as **** i need both pair word to mova son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ps. there is also a 8 inch version. basically +$20 for higher neck

If it's vibram, it's generally going to be a quality sole. Obviously you can walk in the snow in these. Short hike? Sure. Would I on a regular basis? No. I would wear my Sorels in the snow or my vasque hiking boots for an actual hike. But the point is you're just stable wearing these vibram soles as you are with some other "more official mountain boot" with the same soles when walking on an icy sidewalk.

Cristy sole is crappy when it comes to snow/ice. Even in the hompage Vibram states "dont walk on ice"

Last edited:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

This is the strangest thing to come from the ass-backwards minds at PETA.

Can you explain?

I was under the impression that it was actually known that Chinese Raccoon are often skinned alive to the hair clings better to the hide. Perhaps I am grossly misinformed. I don't give PETA much credibility but that video seemed damning.

NormanF

Reaction score
Can you explain?
I was under the impression that it was actually known that Chinese Raccoon are often skinned alive to the hair clings better to the hide. Perhaps I am grossly misinformed. I don't give PETA much credibility but that video seemed damning.

I don't give them credibility. If we use varmints for fur, its not exactly like they're an endangered species!

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as those workers eat the poor raccoons out of their misery.. :violin:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Which pair is that on the right? Good looking boot.

whats on the left? its also a good looking boot

sorry for not replying to this, no idea why this thread did not pop up in my subscriptions

uncotrol was right left is shoto, right is buttero,

keep in mind the butteros are a steal for the insanely good quality, as far as shotos, i am having issues with them and having barneys fix them, i really like the fit and the way they feel.

buttero is awesome IMO. BTW good winter boot option is always Trickers with a dainite/commando sole IMO

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea i'm going with trickers with danite sole just waiting for the model i want to be in stock in my size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads