• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

evangel21

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a Midas GMTO with this London Grain leather? This is a pair of EG in London Grain. They're the only ones I've seen use this texture of grain, which I think looks very interesting and a bit more differentiated from the traditional scotch or hatch grains. Looks like it can be sourced, and if there are 4 people in total who are interested, we should be able to commision it through Midas.

Do we have enough enthusiasts for this?
I can correspond with Andrew to get it going if there is.

View attachment 1823348

I might be interested. Keep me posted.

rdugz

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a Midas GMTO with this London Grain leather? This is a pair of EG in London Grain. They're the only ones I've seen use this texture of grain, which I think looks very interesting and a bit more differentiated from the traditional scotch or hatch grains. Looks like it can be sourced, and if there are 4 people in total who are interested, we should be able to commision it through Midas.

Do we have enough enthusiasts for this?
I can correspond with Andrew to get it going if there is.

View attachment 1823348
I mighr be interested! Do you know how thick it is, by any chance?

hysteria

Reaction score

I have no idea how to ascertain thickness at this time sir. I'm waiting for Andrew to get in touch with the tannery to source this, so more information will follow eventually.

@BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes has some experience with this leather, so perhaps he can add some insight into thickness?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how to ascertain thickness at this time sir. I'm waiting for Andrew to get in touch with the tannery to source this, so more information will follow eventually.

@BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes has some experience with this leather, so perhaps he can add some insight into thickness?

Sure. When you say thickness do you mean weight? Because, all leather can be split to the required thickness the maker requires. Therefore, an elephant skin can be as thick as this English grain.

evangel21

Reaction score
Not sure if it is the same but I have a pair of EB in English Grain. The leather feels thicker but wouldn't say it is heavy on terms of weight. Sturdy but comfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_20180225_131803.jpg
    IMG_20180225_131803.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 172

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is the same but I have a pair of EB in English Grain. The leather feels thicker but wouldn't say it is heavy on terms of weight. Sturdy but comfortable.

Same leather yes. It will feel thicker because it was cut that way for the boot/chukka.

hysteria

Reaction score
I might be interested. Keep me posted.

Looks like this is it. Thanks to @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes and Andrew from House of Agin for tracking it down.
More info regarding price is pending from the tannery, but looks like $150-180 upcharge on the standard MTO or base fee, like some of the offerings shown on their site.

You in, or are you in?
We just need 1 more to get this rolling.

1660872004105.png

evangel21

Reaction score
Looks like this is it. Thanks to @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes and Andrew from House of Agin for tracking it down.
More info regarding price is pending from the tannery, but looks like $150-180 upcharge on the standard MTO or base fee, like some of the offerings shown on their site.

You in, or are you in?
We just need 1 more to get this rolling.

View attachment 1823680

Is it confirmed dark brown?

Complete Novice

Reaction score
Leaving a photo here that some folk might find useful - pictures from left to right of the Marlyn, Edlyn and Landshaker lasts from Midas Bootmaker.

Like everything else coming out of the Winson workshop, the price/quality ratio is near unbeatable. Interestingly, the local leather they were using looked rather decent indeed - thick, smooth and creamy just like in the photo :)

Thank you to @boot_owl for making this happen
20220828_142717.jpg

rdugz

Reaction score
Leaving a photo here that some folk might find useful - pictures from left to right of the Marlyn, Edlyn and Landshaker lasts from Midas Bootmaker.

Like everything else coming out of the Winson workshop, the price/quality ratio is near unbeatable. Interestingly, the local leather they were using looked rather decent indeed - thick, smooth and creamy just like in the photo :)

Thank you to @boot_owl for making this happen View attachment 1826614
Would love a side/ profile view too!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads