• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

Betta

Reaction score
In that case, I think you can probably gain a mm and change in height. We aren't talking a size up, but I believe a cobbler may provide some breathing space in vertical volume.
Alright guess Ill sleep on it. Too many horror stories on shoe stretching!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright guess Ill sleep on it. Too many horror stories on shoe stretching!

Expound, vehemently, to not push the shoe too far. Only state you just require a subtle stretch. Don't mention anything concerning the pressure points the shoes caused you.

Betta

Reaction score
Received a pair of wholecut oxfords, Emil seems to think they will stretch after a couple of wears. After about 8 wears, mostly inside the house and sitting down they feel about the same. Trying to determine if I keep them or sell them. They make a marking in all my toes. Image below spoilered cause well, my toes...

Edit: just noticed the spoiler does not prevent the image from getting to the gallery lol oh dear.
Well as an update decided to try stretching them on my own. Since they have lasted shoe trees I started putting thick wool socks on the trees and left on for two days. It has helped with the puff tightness not as much with the width. Some observations

1. Oddly enough my left foot is about 3-4 cm longer than my right foot. Left shoe feels slightly less tight ?
2. Since my right foot is slightly smaller there is now some minor heal slip.

Overall based on the fit improvement I will try to wear them on walks rather than just around the house and see what that feels like. If that doesn't help then stretching it will be, but really avoiding that as much as possible.
When ordering again I guess I will do +0.5 in Aurora last. Definitely not TTS for my slightly elevated toes

Last edited:

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Vanquish boots

27F0D32F-8BBF-4D0D-95E8-7CBD8F1630BC.jpeg

Goliath123

Reaction score

Goliath123

Reaction score
Hey guys

The above GMTO is currently at 5 out of 8 orders! Only 3 more to go so I thought id leave the deposit page here for anyone interested. It contains the specs and pricing information as well, only 490 shipped worldwide.

boot_owl

Reaction score
X post from bespoke shoes thread:

Remote bespoke Winsons - just a bespoke last, regular ‘grandeur’ line workmanship. Haas Utah uppers - I’ll take some proper photos later. Love how the top looks wild with the trees in then straightens out with my foot.
Bespoke definitely isn’t a regular offering for Emil, at the moment it’s just something he’ll try for friends - he’s very open about having much to learn.
View attachment 1641462 View attachment 1641463 View attachment 1641464 View attachment 1641466 View attachment 1641467 View attachment 1641468

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X post from bespoke shoes thread:

Remote bespoke Winsons - just a bespoke last, regular ‘grandeur’ line workmanship. Haas Utah uppers - I’ll take some proper photos later. Love how the top looks wild with the trees in then straightens out with my foot.
Bespoke definitely isn’t a regular offering for Emil, at the moment it’s just something he’ll try for friends - he’s very open about having much to learn.
View attachment 1641462 View attachment 1641463 View attachment 1641464 View attachment 1641466 View attachment 1641467 View attachment 1641468
The decorative stitching at the top of the heels is a neat little touch?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads