• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

Complete Novice

Reaction score
Important updates!

Emil responded to my email ealrier today and asked folk to come through me and not to
@bsarosi @deez shoes @Zapasman @jischwar @acapaca @WhyUEarly @Ranjeev @GeoffreyB @boot_owl and others (all welcome)

Many thanks of your patience and generous input - order form attached. I think I got it all but let me know if that is not the case?

The site won't let me upload an excel and I can't figure out how to do this as Google sheet without severely compromising everyone's cybersecurity - @LA Guy is there a work around to this please?

I have sent the original excel to Emil just now too - his email is [email protected].

PM me with your email address if you would like me to email you a copy directly.

Emil gets a lot of emails, so he has requested that you please write "Annonay Pin Grain Thunder Boots GMTO Sizing" on the header.

For sizing, if some participants need to discuss with Emil, they can email individually.

Let me know if you want to chat/ PM / set up a private chat.

Go get those Thunderboots guys!

Complete Novice

Important updates!

Emil responded to my email earlier today;
  1. He has understood our spec, exactly as per the form I posted here above
  2. He asked folk to come through me and not to contact him directly which is a change from our original plan. I suspect he is pretty busy making shoes
  3. He has asked one person from the GMTO to act as central point of contact and if you are okay with my limited skills, I can do that ......... but
  4. You are going to have to disclose your contact details to Emil, me and the rest of the GMTO group on a private Google sheet
I know people don't share these kind of details lightly so I suggest the way forward here is to commit 100% to the GMTO and then contact me by PM disclosing your email address before I can give you access to the sheet.

You will then see my details posted and you can post yours too.

If someone has a brilliant idea, I am all ears :)

There always are hurdles like this when you want to support up and coming shoemakers and somehow the difficulty of getting hold of such a pair makes me even more keen to get some THUNDERBOOTS !!!

Apologies, very excited : )

Thank you to all for your support, let me know if you want to chat / PM / set up a private chat.

Regards

Complete Novice

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Important updates!

Emil responded to my email ealrier today and asked folk to come through me and not to

Important updates!

2. He asked folk to come through me and not to contact him directly which is a change from our original plan. I suspect he is pretty busy making shoes
  3. He has asked one person from the GMTO to act as central point of contact and if you are okay with my limited skills, I can do that ......... but
  4. You are going to have to disclose your contact details to Emil, me and the rest of the GMTO group on a private Google sheet
I know people don't share these kind of details lightly so I suggest the way forward here is to commit 100% to the GMTO and then contact me by PM disclosing your email address before I can give you access to the sheet.

There always are hurdles like this when you want to support up and coming shoemakers and somehow the difficulty of getting hold of such a pair makes me even more keen to get some THUNDERBOOTS !!!

Thank you to all for your support, let me know if you want to chat / PM / set up a private chat.

Regards

Complete Novice

Can't I just send you my order sheet and then supply the Gsheet with very basic info?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Important updates!

Important updates!

Regards

Complete Novice
Can I just forward you the email that I sent to Emil?

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the Gsheet we can have: name, size, sole options, paid/not paid, shipped/not shipped. (?)

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I just forward you the email that I sent to Emil?
I am doing the same...
As stated in it, I want to proceed with due payment. I requested Emil his bank account to wire the money now.

Complete Novice

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Honestly dont have much GMTO experience so I can only guess why Emil prefers the google sheet method but I can say from the correspondence that he is gently but firmly insisting on it.

You can send me your emails so that we are all aligned but my preference is to set up a sheet and let you input your own details so that I don't make a typo that sends your shoes to the wrong address : )

Let me know if that works .........

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Honestly dont have much GMTO experience so I can only guess why Emil prefers the google sheet method but I can say from the correspondence that he is gently but firmly insisting on it.

You can send me your emails so that we are all aligned but my preference is to set up a sheet and let you input your own details so that I don't make a typo that sends your shoes to the wrong address : )

Let me know if that works .........
I just created a private message group for everyone involved in this gmto:

@bsarosi @deez shoes @Zapasman @jischwar @acapaca @WhyUEarly @Ranjeev @GeoffreyB @Complete Novice

Let me know if I missed anyone.

@aj2603 , I can add you to the group anytime if you decide to join.

SZNettles

Reaction score
Did winson ever develop a seamless whole cut like I know they were trying to do?

Betta

Reaction score
Received a pair of wholecut oxfords, Emil seems to think they will stretch after a couple of wears. After about 8 wears, mostly inside the house and sitting down they feel about the same. Trying to determine if I keep them or sell them. They make a marking in all my toes. Image below spoilered cause well, my toes...
1621400693580.png

Edit: just noticed the spoiler does not prevent the image from getting to the gallery lol oh dear.

Last edited:

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received a pair of wholecut oxfords, Emil seems to think they will stretch after a couple of wears. After about 8 wears, mostly inside the house and sitting down they feel about the same. Trying to determine if I keep them or sell them. They make a marking in all my toes. Image below spoilered cause well, my toes...
That looks... painful. Did you go TTS based on his measurement chart?

Betta

Reaction score
That looks... painful. Did you go TTS based on his measurement chart?
yup, sent him feet tracings as well. I think the taper on the aurora last is a little to pronounced for my toes. Never had issues with sizing really. 11D in Carmina Rain, 11d Yeossal. etc. It is kinda painful after a while though. Like I said I have not walked around much. Other than sitting in front of computer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads