• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a fantastic makeup that got even more fantastic with free toe taps.

I would like a JR sole but I can add my own topy locally so it isnt a deal killer for me.

Shall we pull the trigger now?

:)
Do we need to move to a private chat or do you have what you need for now?

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problem for me. I just want JR outsoles....:). Thanks.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just spoke to Emil - he would prefer people to choose between either JR or Italian + topy, to keep all the pricing the same. Toe taps are inclusive for no additional.
FWIW my understanding is Emil’s Italian sole is pretty dang good plus if you’re going to topy it there’s really no need to do the JR.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW my understanding is Emil’s Italian sole is pretty dang good plus if you’re going to topy it there’s really no need to do the JR.
Do you think it's pointless to pay the upcharge for JR then?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think it's pointless to pay the upcharge for JR then?
If I were adding a topy? Yes. I get JR or Bakers because they theoretically wear harder and last longer. If I’m adding a topy why do I care since the thing that’s wearing is the topy not the sole and I’ll replace it when I need to.

Also it sounds like it isn’t an option on this one anyways since he wants flat pricing for everyone’s orders. Two options: Italian and topy (and taps if you want) or JR (with topy not being an option but free taps if you want)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I were adding a topy? Yes. I get JR or Bakers because they theoretically wear harder and last longer. If I’m adding a topy why do I care since the thing that’s wearing is the topy not the sole and I’ll replace it when I need to.

Also it sounds like it isn’t an option on this one anyways since he wants flat pricing for everyone’s orders. Two options: Italian and topy (and taps if you want) or JR (with topy not being an option but free taps if you want)
Sorry ,should have clarified that I'm planning on no topy, but was curious if the Italian sole would wear almost if not just as hard as JR

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry ,should have clarified that I'm planning on no topy, but was curious if the Italian sole would wear almost if not just as hard as JR
That I’m unsure of. My understanding is his Italian stuff is plenty good (maybe @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes or @boot_owl or someone who has experience with Winson’s stuff can confirm) but if I had the option to upgrade (particularly in this case when there’s no upcharge) I would if I wasn’t going to topy it just to be extra safe.

I was more confused by the guys who wanted to throw a topy on a JR sole for some reason since the sole theoretically isn’t going to see the wear the rubber is. My only commissions from Winson are loafers which I’m not going to topy so JR and taps are how I went.

boot_owl

Reaction score
That I’m unsure of. My understanding is his Italian stuff is plenty good (maybe @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes or @boot_owl or someone who has experience with Winson’s stuff can confirm) but if I had the option to upgrade (particularly in this case when there’s no upcharge) I would if I wasn’t going to topy it just to be extra safe.

I was more confused by the guys who wanted to throw a topy on a JR sole for some reason since the sole theoretically isn’t going to see the wear the rubber is. My only commissions from Winson are loafers which I’m not going to topy so JR and taps are how I went.

I’ve gotten JR on all my leather soles from Winson so cant comment unfortunately. I doubt it would be as good given JR has been specifically tanned as a soling leather though

Last edited:

Complete Novice

Reaction score
@bsarosi @deez shoes @Zapasman @jischwar @acapaca @WhyUEarly @Ranjeev @GeoffreyB @boot_owl and others (all welcome)

Many thanks of your patience and generous input - order form attached. I think I got it all but let me know if that is not the case?

The site won't let me upload an excel and I can't figure out how to do this as Google sheet without severely compromising everyone's cybersecurity - @LA Guy is there a work around to this please?

I have sent the original excel to Emil just now too - his email is [email protected].

PM me with your email address if you would like me to email you a copy directly.

Emil gets a lot of emails, so he has requested that you please write "Annonay Pin Grain Thunder Boots GMTO Sizing" on the header.

For sizing, if some participants need to discuss with Emil, they can email individually.

Let me know if you want to chat/ PM / set up a private chat.

Go get those Thunderboots guys!

Complete Novice

Attachments

• Winson Shoemaker Thunderboot 050521 final.pdf
    537.6 KB · Views: 97

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your efforts @Complete Novice. I shall contact him directly tomorrow and send him my foot mesurements. Take care and all the best you guys with sizing for this GMTO.

Complete Novice

Reaction score
Thank you too @Zapasman - I will keep trying to post the Excel here but Emil has the file with the spec so it may be redundant.

PM me if you want me to email it to you directly and enjoy your break,

Complete Novice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads