• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have used this video for years when my misses would take my measurements or needed updating (or makers didn't provide me the numbers).

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I asked (made) my wife be much more precise when it came to the foot tracing, esp along the inner arches, but maybe it wasn't necessary lol.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I asked (made) my wife be much more precise when it came to the foot tracing, esp along the inner arches, but maybe it wasn't necessary lol.

I have high arches so I implored her to do the same thing. "Watch those arches!".

After she refused to take my measurements and the cloak and dagger stuff began, my poor sister now has to suffer from my "Watch those arches" demands.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have high arches so I implored her to do the same thing. "Watch those arches!".

After she refused to take my measurements and the cloak and dagger stuff began, my poor sister now has to suffer from my "Watch those arches" demands.
Has anyone attempted the “If you won’t measure me I’ll just have to go bespoke and have them measure me” play? Because I’m tempted to try but also afraid to try.

Complete Novice

Reaction score
@Ranjeev @bsarosi you are most welcome to join - we take all volunteers :)

I have dropped an email to Emil just now to ask him how he would like us to proceed, awaiting his response now .....

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Ranjeev @bsarosi you are most welcome to join - we take all volunteers :)

I have dropped an email to Emil just now to ask him how he would like us to proceed, awaiting his response now .....
I received a reply from Emil this morning, to the inquiries I had sent him before @boot_owl talked to him about details. Please let me share that update here. And then going forward, if you wouldn't mind liaising with him, that would be wonderful! It sounds like one flow of communication would be ideal.

At any rate, he mentions that sent along the options (through the owl) and we just need to finalize the makeup. He says he can send a form for us to use, once it's final. And then he adds this idea:

'If we agree to use HAF sole, participants can choose between JR outsole or Italian outsole + Vibram explosion'

I'm not entirely sure, but I think maybe it means JR outsole plus the Vibram ought to come at a bit of an upcharge?

boot_owl

Reaction score
I received a reply from Emil this morning, to the inquiries I had sent him before @boot_owl talked to him about details. Please let me share that update here. And then going forward, if you wouldn't mind liaising with him, that would be wonderful! It sounds like one flow of communication would be ideal.

At any rate, he mentions that sent along the options (through the owl) and we just need to finalize the makeup. He says he can send a form for us to use, once it's final. And then he adds this idea:

'If we agree to use HAF sole, participants can choose between JR outsole or Italian outsole + Vibram explosion'

I'm not entirely sure, but I think maybe it means JR outsole plus the Vibram ought to come at a bit of an upcharge?

He means that participants can individually choose between JR outsole, or italian + vibram and still be considered part of the same GMTO. He doesn’t generally think there’s much point doing a topy on top of JR, but I’m sure he can for some extra.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought we had the makeup finalized? Seems everyone was on board for the wholecut boot, annonay dark brown pin grain, kirin last, HAF sole, leather heels and toes.

Anything I missed?

boot_owl

Reaction score
I thought we had the makeup finalized? Seems everyone was on board for the wholecut boot, annonay dark brown pin grain, kirin last, HAF sole, leather heels and toes.

Anything I missed?
Edge/welt colour, and specify who wants JR vs italian + vibram (both HAF), as well as toe taps - Im a fan of the solid brass ones he offers

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edge/welt colour, and specify who wants JR vs italian + vibram (both HAF), as well as toe taps - Im a fan of the solid brass ones he offers
I'm good with dark brown edge/welt and I'm leaning towards JR with brass taps

Complete Novice

Reaction score
+1 from me, so that's 4 for this exact makeup. I am sure Emil will also accommodate those who prefer Italian sole plus Vibram explosion.

I have contacted Emil to let him know of our progress and to enquire about the additional cost of:
  1. Brass toe taps, local origin
  2. JR Rendenbach sole plus Vibram explosion (not sure if he will do this)
Once I have his response (usually happens within 24 hours), I will consolidate all of the above into an Excel and post it here so that you can download it, fill it out and send it to him directly in a consistent format.

Thanks All!

Complete Novice

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 from me, so that's 4 for this exact makeup. I am sure Emil will also accommodate those who prefer Italian sole plus Vibram explosion.

I have contacted Emil to let him know of our progress and to enquire about the additional cost of:
  1. Brass toe taps, local origin
  2. JR Rendenbach sole plus Vibram explosion (not sure if he will do this)
Once I have his response (usually happens within 24 hours), I will consolidate all of the above into an Excel and post it here so that you can download it, fill it out and send it to him directly in a consistent format.

Thanks All!

Complete Novice
Thanks for taking the lead here, it is much appreciated

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we also use this thread to talk about Midas? Trying to understand the different business models in an effort to figure out how to do potential MTO/GMTO'S of more workwear type footwear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads