• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

boot_owl

Reaction score
Alright boys we have a price. So, as you are all aware Emil and Winson Shoes have been busy with the new venture.
Fortunately, we have a price for the shoes.
For the following details:

Model: Thick strap Loafer
- Line: Grandeur
- Last: Aurora
- Leather: Mahogany Lama leather
- Construction: Hand Welted (flat welt)
- Apron style: Rounded 2 piece apron with edges meeting, simulating a 1 piece apron
- Waist: Beveled Round waist
- Sole: Standard Single JR Leather

So again, no fiddleback waist or blind waist but it will be rounded beveled waist.

So you can say the sole will be like this from the profile and overhead view
View attachment 1462748 View attachment 1462749

While the rounded underside, like this
View attachment 1462750

Of course, the upper last shape will be the Aurora last
View attachment 1462752 View attachment 1462753

So the price would be $420 with the lasted spring loaded trees $500.

If you opt for a hinged hollowed tree, you are looking at $550

I think like many in the thread, my reaction is: seriously? Is that all? Fantastic

evangel21

Reaction score
Alright boys we have a price. So, as you are all aware Emil and Winson Shoes have been busy with the new venture.
Fortunately, we have a price for the shoes.
For the following details:

Model: Thick strap Loafer
- Line: Grandeur
- Last: Aurora
- Leather: Mahogany Lama leather
- Construction: Hand Welted (flat welt)
- Apron style: Rounded 2 piece apron with edges meeting, simulating a 1 piece apron
- Waist: Beveled Round waist
- Sole: Standard Single JR Leather

So again, no fiddleback waist or blind waist but it will be rounded beveled waist.

So you can say the sole will be like this from the profile and overhead view
View attachment 1462748 View attachment 1462749

While the rounded underside, like this
View attachment 1462750

Of course, the upper last shape will be the Aurora last
View attachment 1462752 View attachment 1462753

So the price would be $420 with the lasted spring loaded trees $500.

If you opt for a hinged hollowed tree, you are looking at $550

Thats pretty amazing. Thanks for organizing this.
Do we email Emil now?

Kivi D

Reaction score
what kind of lasts do you find work best with flat feet? More arch support?

I’ve never actually had a problem with my feet until I got my vass shoes. Because of the high instep and narrow heel, they gaped quite a bit. I haven’t had any extra arch support on my shoes aside from what comes out of the factory. I’m hoping since this is an asian shoe maker, they’ll be in more my ballpark.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I’ve never actually had a problem with my feet until I got my vass shoes. Because of the high instep and narrow heel, they gaped quite a bit. I haven’t had any extra arch support on my shoes aside from what comes out of the factory. I’m hoping since this is an asian shoe maker, they’ll be in more my ballpark.

would be interesting to see if maybe an arch support addition and a tongue pad resolve this

Kivi D

Reaction score
would be interesting to see if maybe an arch support addition and a tongue pad resolve this

I actually had some arch support insoles delivered today but they’re all too chucky of a profile (“slim fitting”) to work with the shoes. I did however find a temporary ghetto fix. I folded up a no show sock and placed it at the heel of my shoe and surprise surprise almost not gaping.So now I’ve just ordered half a dozen different heel paddings off Amazon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads