• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

boot_owl

Reaction score
Well the truer earthy ones would be their Caviar or Matte range. Those may be tougher to obtain. The Sully is on the bright side.

I like the texture of sully over caviar, Im not familiar with the matte. Have you worked with leather much? I wouldn’t expect most shoe fans to be familiar with goat tannages since they seem to be more popular in small goods and bags.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the texture of sully over caviar, Im not familiar with the matte. Have you worked with leather much? I wouldn’t expect most shoe fans to be familiar with goat tannages since they seem to be more popular in small goods and bags.

My wife makes leather satchels as a hobby ?. So I have plenty of leather samples floating around, but she likes the Horween stuff. Personally, I had ordered many french and some Italian pieces for reference for shoes.

For the goat, I (she) used to have several Alran stuff but unfortunately not any longer.

I agree the texture of the Sully looks better than the Caviar. The Matte is not as ostentatious as the regular Sully.

evangel21

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not opposed to any grain. Chèvre, Lama, Calf. From what Emil mentioned, they aren't making anything with a grain period. So, not importing any grain of any kind.

That very well may be the case and it could look like the Burgundy Hatch, but at this point doesn't matter haha. I just want a full strap loafer in the color haha.

Go figure that same loafer @boot_owl referenced from Ann is what I want to replicate ?.

I would be keen on that same loafer by Ann. Would like a soft square or soft chiseled loafers. A grain leather would be great. Keep me posted if you'd need more people to add to the leather order.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking a golden brown/caramel sully. Given the size of the hides, we would probably need 1 hide per pair, so we might not all need to get the same colour.

In that case, let's hope Winson is willing to use the Goat ??.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you boys considered Baby buffalo as an option. It has a very soft hand feel, though not as soft as the Chèvre, and has a more pronounced grain. It is vegetable tanned as well, so you can expect a nice patina to develop.

Here it is in Plum (obvious reason why I selected that color haha)..
Screenshot_20200806-150425_Chrome.jpg

Here it is made up as a Derby in Brown. We are thinking a loafer, but this can provide some visual association.

Screenshot_20200806-150403_Chrome.jpg
20200806_151101.jpg
20200806_151128.jpg

Screenshot_20200806-151944_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

boot_owl

Reaction score
Not sure if any of you boys considered Baby buffalo as an option. It has a very soft hand feel, though not as soft as the Chèvre, and has a more pronounced grain. It is vegetable tanned as well, so you can expect a nice patina to develop.

Here it is in Plum (obvious reason why I selected that color haha)..
View attachment 1437003

Here it is made up as a Derby in Brown. We are thinking a loafer, but this can provide some visual association.

View attachment 1437011 View attachment 1437010 View attachment 1437009
View attachment 1437013

looks pretty sweet, but personally I’m pretty stuck on goat for this pair.

some inspiration - warning, you can’t own this pair unless you have a beautiful wife and children, or are an action movie star:

8CFD2E8A-9226-45FB-8ECF-D853A8190A30.png

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks pretty sweet, but personally I’m pretty stuck on goat for this pair.

some inspiration - warning, you can’t own this pair unless you have a beautiful wife and children, or are an action movie star:

View attachment 1437355

I am still very much interested in that goat leather, but if someone wanted Buffalo (or was more interested in Buffalo I should say) I'd order with you.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Thought I would post his reply to emails. I never ordered from Winson, how accurate is measuring your feet? I have an already hard time getting sizing right in rtw places due to my very flat feet and modest instep. I would love to get a black captoe in the Grandeur line tho..

"First of all I will explain you about our products line up.

Regular line:

Winson Regular line boots and shoes are inspired by Americana Heritage styles, showcasing a sense of ruggedness and practicality that pair well with denim and chinos. They are constructed using the original techniques of shoemakers in England and greater Europe such as handwelting, which has largely been replaced by the quicker and more economical Goodyear welt even among England's finest shoemakers.

Our Regular line is perfect for those looking for Heritage styles with second-to-none construction and durability. Our preference for locally tanned crust and pullup leathers allows our shoemakers to handpick hides best suited for handling all terrains, from factories to Indonesian jungles."
Grandeur line:

"Winson Grandeur line boots and shoes are the choice for those looking to wear a piece of art. Still using the same top-tier construction techniques as our Regular line, we take cues from the most renowned bespoke shoemakers of countries like Japan to create elegant, refined footwear with world class finishing and materials from the best tanneries around the globe.

With details like high SPI hand-stitched outsoles, genuine blind-welted waists (no shortcuts such as wood pegs), fiddleback waists, and your custom initials on JR leather soles, our Grandeur line is the choice for one who wants the very best, whether for a special occasion or just to elevate their look."

Here is our MTO Pricing list for now:

Regular Line ShoesStart from$ 190.00
Regular Line BootsStart from$ 200.00
Grandeur Line ShoesStart from$ 445.00
Grandeur Line BootsStart from$ 465.00

Waiting time for MTO is around 4 months.

Small modification on design are allowed, but need to be confirmed by our team before we working on it.

I've attached the MTO Form below.

Please do not hesitate for any further questions :)"

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty stuck on goat for this pair.

I received a few goat samples of the Capri (AACRACK) and Alran. After having them in my possession, I'm fine with either for a potential loafer make-up. Now the question would be are they suitable for shoes.

I guess we shall see.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads