• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

boot_owl

Reaction score
Utah longwings. I managed to source a very small amount of Utah and split it with Thunder March... it’ll be a while before my commission is finished but this looks damn fine.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Is it just me, or are those laces kinda skewed on that shoe in the pic?

Dr JB

Reaction score
Utah longwings. I managed to source a very small amount of Utah and split it with Thunder March... it’ll be a while before my commission is finished but this looks damn fine.
Do you know if Winson used all of the leather? I just saw Thunder March's pair...mind blown!

boot_owl

Reaction score
Nice! Is it just me, or are those laces kinda skewed on that shoe in the pic?

I see it too, it’s possible the pattern wasn’t properly adapted for the last, or maybe it looks different on foot

Do you know if Winson used all of the leather? I just saw Thunder March's pair...mind blown!

in this case the rest of the leather is reserved (for me) because I sourced it and split it with thunder march ;) there might be another supplier offering it in small quantities soon though

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering a shoe from their Grandeur Line.

Going for a black cap toe oxford. Any advice for anyone ?

62861D7B-7B3D-4EEA-99C6-620BC7E04182.png

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread on here. Didn't realize it existed until now haha.

So get right down to it. I am extremely interested in some Color 8 grained full strap loafers. Emil responded and said he can source Horween Hatch Grain Color 8 which made my night, but he isn't going to order it for a single pair.

Thus, I am reaching out to any and all interested in a Grained Color 8 leather. Of course, it should go without saying you can make your pair whatever you wish it to be.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Just found this thread on here. Didn't realize it existed until now haha.

So get right down to it. I am extremely interested in some Color 8 grained full strap loafers. Emil responded and said he can source Horween Hatch Grain Color 8 which made my night, but he isn't going to order it for a single pair.

Thus, I am reaching out to any and all interested in a Grained Color 8 leather. Of course, it should go without saying you can make your pair whatever you wish it to be.

have you considered a pair in goatskin? I’m considering commissioning a pair in either Capri https://www.aacrack.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Capri or Alran https://www.rmleathersupply.com/pro...-1-0-mm-made-in-france?variant=32371414564973
to make a pair of full straps inspired by Ann Bespoke

Alran goat will be available in Indonesia soon for him to assess in person, which is the stage im at. Advantage of goat is that the hides are small enough you probably won’t need to find somebody to share with.

Some goatskin inspiration, not sure what tannery though

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will it look that much different from burgundy hatch, do you think? I guess I've thought that the big appeal of the color 8 is not just the shade/tone but the shade/tone on *that* material (shell).

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you considered a pair in goatskin? I’m considering commissioning a pair in either Capri https://www.aacrack.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Capri or Alran https://www.rmleathersupply.com/pro...-1-0-mm-made-in-france?variant=32371414564973

Alran goat will be available in Indonesia soon for him to assess in person, which is the stage im at. Advantage of goat is that the hides are small enough you probably won’t need to find somebody to share with.

Honestly, I'm not opposed to any grain. Chèvre, Lama, Calf. From what Emil mentioned, they aren't making anything with a grain period. So, not importing any grain of any kind.

Will it look that much different from burgundy hatch, do you think? I guess I've thought that the big appeal of the color 8 is not just the shade/tone but the shade/tone on *that* material (shell).

That very well may be the case and it could look like the Burgundy Hatch, but at this point doesn't matter haha. I just want a full strap loafer in the color haha.

Go figure that same loafer @boot_owl referenced from Ann is what I want to replicate ?.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not opposed to any grain. Chèvre, Lama, Calf. From what Emil mentioned, they aren't making anything with a grain period. So, not importing any grain of any kind.

Likely because it’s difficult to sell compared to the smooth stuff. I’ll have a chat with him, no reason for chèvre to be ‘off the menu’

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually have personally seen that "Cast Iron" Capri. It is ???

That leather from StC, by way of Skoaktiebolaget, is kid goat leather. Possibly sourced in Germany if memory serves. A friend of Philip's (Carr) obtained that for him. It is neither Capri, Alran, or the top Spanish tannery (forgot the name).

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually just received word from Emil, and that Color 8 is actually Burgundy. Considering that is now off the table, goatskin, if available, should work.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I actually have personally seen that "Cast Iron" Capri. It is ???

That leather from StC, by way of Skoaktiebolaget, is kid goat leather. Possibly sourced in Germany if memory serves. A friend of Philip's (Carr) obtained that for him. It is neither Capri, Alran, or the top Spanish tannery (forgot the name).
Actually just received word from Emil, and that Color 8 is actually Burgundy. Considering that is now off the table, goatskin, if available, should work.

so the question now is Capri or Alran. My plan is to get Emil to check out the Alran from the Indonesian stockist when it comes in, then order some Capri swatches for comparison if the Alran doesn’t seem appropriate.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so the question now is Capri or Alran. My plan is to get Emil to check out the Alran from the Indonesian stockist when it comes in, then order some Capri swatches for comparison if the Alran doesn’t seem appropriate.

IMO, Alran is the better Chèvre producing tannery due to their consistency. Saying that, Capri's color profile is more sensible less "costumey".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads