1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Winnipeg - recommend a good tailor and hairdresser

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Flame, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Flame

Flame Distinguished Member

Unfortunately, I have to stay in Winterpeg for a couple of months. Does anyone have suggestions to a competent tailor or hairdresser?

Also besides Harry Rosen, Danali's and the occasional steal at Holt's, what other shops can you recommend?

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

my brother lives there, and has his suits made by an asian tailor. let me see if I can get the name and number for you.

3. denning

denning Distinguished Member

I'm originally from Winnipeg, and am moving back for the summer at the end of the week. Holt is not just an occassional deal. They have deals all the time. Pretty much my entire wardrobe comes from there. As for tailors go to one of the stores you mentioned and ask their opinion. Just for reference, the Harry Rosen pretty much sucks. They have very little in the way of selection. But then again beggers can't be choosers.

4. Flame

Harry's does suck. $800 for Boss black and $1500 for Canali, never with a discount, and that about all the suits worth spending on. AE park avenues are $450. I could do so much better in a Nordstrom.

Most of the stores here tend to be streetwear stores. While I do love the street aesthetic, they don't stock the labels I want, and tend to be some Diesel / TRs / Lacoste that I find boring. So far the only nice boutique that strikes a balance is Danali's.

But yes Holt's always has deals. Picked up a Samuelsohn charcoal 3-button for $415. Could have done better, but it was pretty good.

And any recommend hairstylist so far? I always go for the anime-like asian hair look, and it seems most here don't have the experience.

5. globetrotter

my brother goes to a tailor named Tam on Ellis street. he says that there are 3 or 4 very close to each other.

6. Flame

my brother goes to a tailor named Tam on Ellis street. he says that there are 3 or 4 very close to each other.
    Way to dig up an old thread, but thanks Globetrotter. I've just altered a few items and the end result was excellent. The tailor certainly knows his stuff, and friendly service as well.

Now if someone can point me in the direction of a good hairstylist. Am I consigned to visit salons where the rest of the customers are female?

7. globetrotter

no problem - just be sure to get out before it gets cold