1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns SS14

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brattman, Feb 9, 2014.

1. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

macs and peacoats both sold out during the holidays, i worked seasonally there.

1 person likes this.
  2. rexet

rexet Senior member

I bought a pair of Sneakers Leather Hi-Top in white last year and I love them.
    I'm thinking about buying another pair to stock it when the first one will die. My only complaint is the price...
    Any idea where to buy them at the cheapest price other than the official W+H online store?

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Just keep looking around at their sti lists and you'll be able to find them for 50% off. I have 2 pairs of hi's and 1 lo and the most unpaid was 40% off. Still expensive but they're all really well made and fit me a lot better than cps

4. rexet

rexet Senior member

The fact is that I live in Paris and W+H is not ditributed here. They are only two stockist in Europe and they don't carry the sneakers product line.
    I have a friend that lives in Canada that will visit me in France at the end of the month and I would have liked the opportunity to ask him to bring me a pair.
    So that leave me with only 3 weeks to find them at the best price to make them deliver to my friend's house before he leaves for France :)

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  5. OccultaVexillum

well thats a bit of a pickle.

6. rexet

rexet Senior member

Yeah I know :( !
    The first time I used a proxy to get them but this is still expensive.
    If I make them delivered directly to France I will have to pay 20% more for customs.
    My best chance is to find even a $10/20 coupon :(
    Thank you anyway for your help :)

7. OccultaVexillum

I think summer stuff will go on sale soon. fwiw I bought 1 pair of Hi's from w+h direct for 40% off plus a 30% off coupon. The other pairs were from apartmentnumber9 (50% off) and acrimony (40% off plus 15% coupon).
    Those 2 places always seem to stock the shoes and don't get picked over very much.

8. rexet

rexet Senior member

God you made good deals! I only succeeded to get a 20% coupon for my first pair of Hi-Top that I bought from Roden Gray. After adding the delivery fees and French customs taxes it's has been like I paid the full retrail price :( !
    I will check those website you mentionned. Thank you very much OccultaVexillum!

9. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

Are there any quilted vests at the sale?

10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

11. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

12. OccultaVexillum

I can only hope. As much as I love W+H the prices are still dumb and it seems like people are starting to realize that. I've personally never had an issue with quality with them and I love everything i have, but the only thing I've never paid full price. I think the closest to retail I've paid was 30% off some tiger fleece sweats a few years back.

13. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Anyone with both W+H and RC zip up hoodies: are they the same fit? I'm assuming size the same, but do they fit the same?

14. demonsblood

demonsblood Well-Known Member

Hey, at least from my experience W+H fits slimmer, So I would require a L for W+H and the equivalent fit would be a M for RC

15. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Grabbed a black tiger fleece RC pullover hoodie- not bad. Medium is tight in the shoulders and guns but sorta baggy in the stomach... thought this stuff was for people who work out...?

16. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Totally missed this. Are they having the warehouse liquidation sale like last time?

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  17. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

sashiko blazer arrived. the fabric is very cool, but unfortunately the medium seems to be a little large for me. don't suppose anyone knows of some place other than Context that still has a small in stock?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  18. kingsfull

kingsfull Well-Known Member

19. OccultaVexillum

First of the FW stuff online now.
    I know W+H is essentially a basics brand but fuck, I feel like there's less and less that I'm interested in now, and a large part of that seems to be because the shit is all very similar to past seasons.
    With that said. Quilted bomber looks decent* , pocket flaps looks weirds which seems to be a common with them over the last few seasons. It almost always seems like a welt pocket would be better.
    [​IMG]

Black/Black leather hi-tops are back. Which I fucking love. So if these are around later I'll def get another pair.
    I have no idea what's up with the sad ass/vagina front pants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*as always, not at full price

20. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

From what I read, they are essentially reworking their previous FW collections for this season so we will be seeing a lot of retroed pieces. Which I personally think is stupid as fuck because their first couple of FW collections were garbage. I handled the vest version of that bomber you posted the other day and it's SUPER light.

That said, their camo bush pants are some of my favourite pants of all time so I'll be stocking up on those for sure.

[​IMG]

Oh, I'll be listing a brand new camel FW13 mac coat (size L) soon. If anyone is interested let me know!

[​IMG]