• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings & Horns SS07

ghostdeini

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'm seeing what I can do to show you more.

I suppose you could start off by directly linking to the specific blog entry...
nest.gif

http://www.highsnobiety.com/home/the...ash=4bd2bce18c

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Superslim hoodies? I don't even know what to think about that. The tshirt design is more funny than something i'd wear. However, i love both the jackets they showed. Still curious about the jeans they're supposed to put out.

Any word if they will be easier to come by this season, or do we basically have to preorder again to get our hands on something?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you just gotta get out there at the beginning of the season instead of the middle or end.

That's kinda weird about superslim hoodies though, I guess cuz they made the classic cut bigger last year. Of course, most stores didn't even pick up the slims, gotta wonder what will come of the superslim...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Superslim hoodies? I don't even know what to think about that. The tshirt design is more funny than something i'd wear. However, i love both the jackets they showed. Still curious about the jeans they're supposed to put out.

Any word if they will be easier to come by this season, or do we basically have to preorder again to get our hands on something?

The jeans have a very interesting design, and promise to be much better cut than last year's. I'll see if I can do a review for you guys (no promises though.)

Note that all of the pieces shown are from the Wings & Horns (not W+H - the lines are not consolidated until FW07) line. There are many more basic pieces from the w+h line. And I'm not a huge fan of that particular t-shirt, but some of them are quite cool. I am not sure if things will be harder or easier to come by this coming season. However, Brian is getting his stuff in for sure, so it's a guaranteed thing if you preorder.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
6.jpg

Huh, the buttons were similarly placed on Clive Owen's shirt in Children of Men (costume design: Jany Temime). Is this a new fad, a coincidence, or is there some connection between them?

Kane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Huh, the buttons were similarly placed on Clive Owen's shirt in Children of Men (costume design: Jany Temime). Is this a new fad, a coincidence, or is there some connection between them?

They're not buttons.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kane
They're not buttons.

To elaborate on Kane's cryptic remark, they are hook and eye closures, so the shirt can easily (and probably best) be worn as a shirt/jacket.

Edit: Ah, garment business types... you'll have to forgive Kane. He invented the Piano Key necktie. What have you done recently?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a question... What is the difference between the brands Wings and Horns and W+H? And how do you say "W+H"; "W Plus H"? "W and H"?

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
To elaborate on Kane's cryptic remark, they are hook and eye closures, so the shirt can easily (and probably best) be worn as a shirt/jacket.
Thanks, they totally look like snaps in the picture. I suppose I should just wait for zoomed shots, but are they also hook&eye on the sleeves? And surely they're rivets on the pockets and back? W&H sure is surprising...

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hate the fact that peasant only has classic fit tigers in the pics. It's super confusing because from what i thought the W+H had lampo's not riri's and the new arrivals are listed as having riri's and classic. If it were classic spruce i could do it, but the new classic cut is so baggy.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Thanks, they totally look like snaps in the picture. I suppose I should just wait for zoomed shots, but are they also hook&eye on the sleeves? And surely they're rivets on the pockets and back? W&H sure is surprising...

I do own an EG shirt that has some snap buttons with the same grouping. The aesthetic is very different though but it's interesting to note the similarities (I'm not implying EG invented the piano tie and W&H are copying them
smile.gif
).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads