WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, Aug 24, 2011.

1. habitant

habitant Senior member

I don't know. they don't look as substantial judging from the pics.. I want a blue pair either way though.

2. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

I picked up a pair of the new corded cloth pants and they are not at all as I remember the ones from f/w (which I decided against picking up). They aren't nearly as heavy, and I think the texture of the material is a bit different as well.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

3. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

^ I know it's spring and all, but if they're not as heavy and the texture is different then what's the appeal of such a ridiculously expensive pair of cords?

Nooooo it all honestly looks worse than I expected! I don't even want their stupid oxfords anymore. Maybe at half price? The texture and look of the blazers is also horrible. And those cardigans :facepalm:

4. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

i can't help but think i'm done with wings + horns. I mean how many times can they really put out the exact same pieces in different colors and increase the price? its gettin old quick.

5. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

I will wait for fall, since the little preview was at least intriguing plus I love grey and black and that's the only colors W+H seem to get right. I've gotten into Blanc & Noir lately, so I'm looking forward to their spring stuff.

6. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

From what I've seen, I think this seasons Reigning Champ stuff outshines most of the Wings + Horns offerings. I'm still interested in checking out the mountain parka and some of the shirting.

7. 89andy

89andy Senior member

somebody needs to slap the person who sets the prices. It's ridiculous that it keeps going up so often especialy BASIC pieces.

8. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Anyone thinking of paying retail for their 1x1 shirts needs to be shot. Just because it's the cheapest offering and you need your w+h I will say that it's probably the worst shirting I've owned - rather have hanes.

Does anyone think this has to do with the new designer? This is essentially his first on-his-own season because I could definitely see some leftovers from the previous designer last fall.

9. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

this has been going on for over 5 years.....

10. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

agreed. the profit margin on this brand has to be huge.. there is no new design work or pattern work needed.. get new material follow 5 year old pattern.. rinse repeat..

11. Fashion Fan

Fashion Fan Senior member

I'm also disappointed that they keep re releasing alot of pieces in the exact same patterns and materials as previous seasons. i like the brand but as a brand that prides itself on exclusivity this is disappointing.

12. ysb

ysb Senior member

With all this SS12 dislike what's the old designer of WH up to these days? Brian Mendoza? I remember reading that he went to some Canadian Gap-like company?

13. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I believe he works for the Hudson's Bay Co., designing for their house brand at The Bay (large Canadian department store).

14. pockets96

pockets96 Well-Known Member

15. ysb

ysb Senior member

tried googling it but didn't see much. has he released anything yet?

also, Acrimony has some of their SS stuff up

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012