• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please, don't be ironic guys. I don't want to be scammed by a shop. They ship to you guys, but why not to me?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please, don't be ironic guys. I don't want to be scammed by a shop. They ship to you guys, but why not to me?

Alright, so I was screwing with you before, but I feel kinda bad now so I'll stop. Let me break it down for you.

You ordered from Acrimony like three days ago, and they haven't contacted you yet. Acrimony is a small shop with a small staff, so this doesn't surprise me at all--you're not talking about some big name store like Barney's here. Yeah, it sucks that they didn't follow their online policy of shipping within a day, but that's how it often goes. Countless members have ordered from Acrimony before with no problem, so the likelihood that they'll decide to throw all that out the window and scam some random dude seems very slim. They're busy right now with sales season, so the fact that they missed an e-mail or two is not surprising at all--maybe they're waiting until they've shipped your pants before they reply to your e-mail. Haven't you ever let an e-mail slide by before remembering to reply to it?

I've ordered from Acrimony a couple of times, and yes, they've been slightly slow with shipping. I wasn't kidding when I said they took a week to ship a pair of pants once. It's a little annoying, but so what? In the end, if I regret buying a pair of pants because it comes a week later than I wanted it to, I probably shouldn't have been buying the in the first place.

In sum, calm down dude. Your pants will come :)

Last edited:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have expected a guy who calls himself Dingusberry to be a little more chill.

Though it is fun to imagine this happening over a pair of pants

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Do you realize how much business a credible shop like Acrominy would lose if they really scammed anyone? Saving themselves a petty hundred bucks is not worth that risk, so why the **** would they want to scam you? Learn to be patient.

Feji

Reaction score
Just call the shop and ask somebody, paying attention to the timezone differentials.

Email, while being convenient, is not as good as speaking to somebody directly since they HAVE to give you their attention right then and there.

I got $5 on the item being misplaced/sold before it could get pulled off the floor....and they're just doing their due diligence trying to locate the item.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sigh, this is why I need ToJ..

Sleeves too long :uhoh:

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pocket placement on that jacket is so weird. What is that middle pocket for?

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No offense, but that is by far the worst coat wh has ever produced.. it's so.. barfy.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are some funky things about this piece that I see now-

-strange arm lengths
-plain hem
-odd pockets
-funky collar flaps

hmmm.....

reezy

Reaction score

No offense, but that is by far the worst coat wh has ever produced.. it's so.. barfy.

Got the dark grey for half. Been getting lots of compliments. Arm length is not as bad as ceoceo but I'm not overly picky about it.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just got in my order from Roden Gray (fast shipping by the way). The raw straight jeans are great, if I wasn't already a few months into breaking in my APCs these would be getting my full time attention. I sized down 1 from my normal size. They were a little tight at first in the waist, but I have no doubt they will stretch enough to be comfortable. You may be able to get away with sizing down 2, I haven't had these long enough to comment on them once fully stretched. The navajo print shorts run big in the waist for sure, size down (wish I did :(). Fabric is a little whack, but it's really lightweight and soft which will be nice for these 100+ days. Box fresh size 32 measures 17.5" aligned waist :fu: Maybe I can shrink them a little.

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People were saying pants this year are running TTS, but I could've definitely sized down 1 on my Westpoint chinos and I went with a 29 on my slubs and they fit pretty good--like a 30.5, I'd say. Slub pants are gonna go back though, definitely don't need a third pair of blue pants. Hit me up if you want it before I return it, would let em go for like $115.

ribkin

Reaction score

People were saying pants this year are running TTS, but I could've definitely sized down 1 on my Westpoint chinos

+1

Sucks

Most of us swoop for these things when they're on sale, hence returns/exchanges are ruled out ...

wish I lived near a B&M W+H retailer ... something I definitely have to consider next time I change addresses ;)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics