Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, Aug 24, 2011.

1. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Waist has stretched about an inch total.

2. wwulf

wwulf Senior member

I said this season because they are the model(s) I am considering, but thanks for clarifying their silhouette.

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Last season, but check this

4. wwulf

wwulf Senior member

Damn, thanks again, now I know to go with my achilles size.

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

whats all of yalls opinions of the w+h shoes? worth it? everyone was all hyping them and wanting the highs for the zipper when they first dropped a year ago but no one really talks about them

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

They're worth it if you like them. Same quality as CPs. I switch between my low brown W+H and white achilles on the regular. Got them for 200 at sale time, same as the achilles though.

7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I like my all black hi tops a lot. The suede has held up incredibly well. Nobody talks about it bc, well, the s/s thread has been pretty dead.

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

W+H prices probably have a lot to do with the activity in this thread. I bet once sales season hits it picks up a lot. The collection for this season has some solid pieces (and definitely some no so solid ones), but they're mostly just basics and at retail it's hard to get excited over any of it.

9. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

i wear a 44 in the achilles because a 43 is too narrow but found a 43 in the w+h was better because they are wide enough that they fit me fine. im probably the minority because the w+h just fit and the cp are just too tight in a 43, but its something to think about

10. Madelocal

Madelocal Well-Known Member

I found the same thing. The W+H are ever so slightly wider in the toe box - just enough that a 43 would actually work. Having said that, I have a 44 and it works fine.

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

So dissapointed in my S/S 12 black corded cloth pants. I haven't been on here for a while so I'm sure this has come up - but I washed these on delicate with Woolite dark, and then did a delicate tumble, and they have these white lines running around them now - almost like wrinkled fades. I thought it was residue at first but I washed them twice more and the problem persists. Almost seems like salt or soap residue, which is normal on dark pants, but I think they actually were affected by the wash/dry cycle. The care tag says that it is cool to do this, and though I normally don't dry my nicer clothes I was trying to shrink them ever so slightly. Shouldn't happen.

Anyway, I actually love these pants and want to get the other color ways but I'm worried they can't even stand up to a delicate hand wash cycle with nice cleaning products.

12. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

do you wash them inside out?

13. MIKE_JE

Yes, and it is on the inside and outside. So bizarre. I'm thinking about washing them again with no detergent at all to see if it goes away. Hard to tell if it is soap residue or fading, but that shouldn't have any effect with Woolite Dark anyway. My washing machine is nice and new - hand wash cycle cold/cold/light spin. No good reason this should happen to anything that does not need to be dry cleaned.

14. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I think I recall someone else mentioning the same problem previously in this thread. Small fades that almost had a "crack" appearance on their corded pants.

15. MIKE_JE

I saw something on page 14 but it looked like a different problem. But yeah, these look like cracks and seem to be fades. I'm wearing these now because they are super comfortable and I don't want them to be a total loss but it looks bad for sure and is literally all over. Probably hard to see unless someone was sitting up close but it is visible enough. These would actually be my go-to summer pants too.