WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, Aug 24, 2011.

1. wwulf

wwulf Senior member

Not a fan of gingham shirts... so not really either handkercheifs/bandanas either.

What is happening this season? Just waiting for this jacket to drop... kinda like it.
    [​IMG]

2. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

Wings + Horns pants are cut really well for skinny tall dudes. I recently bought the chinos and the skinny black jeans, and they both fit me the best out of any brand I've tried.

3. 89andy

89andy Senior member

when are the dam jeans dropping? I saw them on the website index folder thing that was leaked and they looked awesome, much better washes this season. I need washed jeans in my life :(

4. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Pullover jackets are the worst, man. Looking forward to sales season but Reigning Champ this spring caught my eye more than W+H, especially liking the oxfords.

5. wwulf

wwulf Senior member

Yea, at least Reigning Champ has realistic prices.
    Just got a pair of AW11/12 slim 1 year wash W+H jeans in the mail though... best fitting jeans I've ever had, same with their SS12 chinos.

6. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

^

I wouldn't be surprised if half of W+H stuff is no longer Made in Canada a few years down the road.

7. wwulf

wwulf Senior member

I think a lot of their stuff is made in China, like some of the outerwear. Production in the US/CA is one of my biggest reasons for paying the high premiums though, so that would be a big turn off for me.

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Their down outerwear and anything w/ cashmere is made in China.
    Most of their basics, and tiger fleece stuff is made in Canada.
    Some of their shirting, pants and outerwear is made in Japan.
    Their sneakers are made in Italy.

Looking forward to F/W 2012. bought nothing in S/S.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

10. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Reigning Champ is typically a bit more relaxed than W+H, but on average I take the same size in both brands (medium).
    Their quality is awesome, and has only gotten better over the past few seasons. My first piece, a blue recycled fleece crew neck has pilled significantly on the trim, but the more recent pieces I bought from last F/W have help up really well and still look new. I personally prefer the look and feel of their heavyweight terry over W+H's large loop terry, but I also recognize that the two brands are going for a different aesthetic and the W+H fabrics are typically meant to be more lush.

11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

RC and the W+H fleece/terry stuff are both made by CYC, so quality should be comparable.

12. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Senior member

any Canadian retailer for Navy Mountain Parka SS 12?

13. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

Holt Renfrew in TO had a S and XL in navy when I was there on the weekend. Otherwise I don't think any online retailers have them yet.

14. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I received the new mountain parka today...quick thoughts. The design is nearly identical to their last version 2 years ago. The dark navy color is nice and has a subtle sheen. I was hoping the weight of the fabric would be a little heavier than the past one, which was that kind of thin chambray. This may have about an ounce on that fabric, and is more comparable to the weight of the winter corded cloths - so feels just a bit more substantial....not by much...but just a little. Like the last one, the arms are cut on the long side, but it's okay as I think it looks better with the cuffs flipped up once. While the white leather pull is a nice touch, it is on the thin side. Smooth riris. I am a true to size small (36 suit, best buttons ups fitting 19" pit and 17" shoulders) and the size small is ideal. I would say it even leaves some room to easily layer a thick sweater. note it does not wick water as well as the last. Very clean and handsome jacket. The brogue buttons are a nice understated detail. A relatively 'plain' piece that will still draw attention and compliments. B+

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

15. Left Eye

Left Eye Well-Known Member

^ Pics on the fit? :slayer: