WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

As far as the moto sweatshirts: I tried on the enzyme crewneck from this past fall, size medium, and keep in mind I've bought EVERY item from W+H in medium: award jacket, trench, bomber, other jackets, button-downs, tiger fleeces, loops, polartecs, tees, etc and I could hardly get it over my head it fit like an xs. I was actually convinced it must have been mistagged since it was so small. Be wary of the crewneck sweatshirt sizing...

2. Serenix

Serenix Member

Wow, Wings and horns FW12 might destroy me this year. Do you know if its a slimmer silhouette?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There was something about the indigo dyed sweatshirts. My guess is that they didn't properly proportion for a commercial laundry treatment.

4. DCU

DCU Senior member

Does anybody know if there are more pictures available from the S/S 2012 shoot that's on the front page of the Wings + Horns website? It seems infinitely better than the other one.

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

The other one what? The picture LA Guy posted is from FW12.

6. DCU

DCU Senior member

To clarify, I was referring to the original S/S 2012 shoot with the long-haired guy and not the F/W 2012 picture.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  7. Madelocal

Madelocal Well-Known Member

I agree that the sizing is off, but they definitely do stretch out with wear...

I'm consistently a L, I bought last seasons enzyme wash in XL because I could barely get the L on. With how much the XL stretched out, I could have stayed with the L.

8. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

I don't understand this logic. It's cotton: of course it stretches. But, on the other hand, don't you wash or dry clean it? Then what? If it fits you correctly the first time it won't stretch as much, because it doesn't have to. They're not jeans...

9. Madelocal

Madelocal Well-Known Member

Sure it gets washed, and I've run it through the dryer (which I generally don't do with my clothes) but it hasn't returned to being as tight as it originally was...its just shortened up in length...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  10. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

Can someone please tell me if this is normal? I bought the s/s2012 corded cloth pants about a month ago. Have only cold washed them 2 or 3 times, and always hung to dry. As the picture shows, there are large sections of the pants that are now covered with little horizontal light colored lines that actually look like small rips where the fabric is coming apart. Maybe I'm just being paranoid though. It may be difficult to see in the uploaded picture but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  11. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

I have an older pair and they don't look at all like that. Even if it was 'normal' that would suck... especially for the price you're paying for these pants. Talk to W+H and maybe you can return them.

That makes sense, although they should retag them because man they are tiny. I have the indigo dyed hoodie from last fall and it fits perfectly though, so it must be the enzyme treatment that they put some of them through.

12. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

That's not acceptable

13. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

Yea, I agree--this shouldn't happen at this price.

Just to be clear, I didn't buy them like this. It was just after a wash or two that it became noticeable.

Do you guys think its better to contact W+H directly rather than Roden Gray, who I bought them from?

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i'd start with Roden, but to be honest, I'd call. I have put a couple emails into the regarding some of their stuff and haven't heard back yet.

If that fails, try WH direct. it's sort of tough to see from your pics though, you may want to take a better picture so it doesn't seem like you are a crazy. i can kinda see what you are talking about though and it's not right.

15. Feji

Feji Senior member

I actually had a button fall off my straight raw jeans i got from FW11. I contacted W+H directly, and they were quick in replying and figuring out a solution with the stockist I purchased the jeans from.

Your problemt is different from a faulty button though..