• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wings+horns sneakers

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have experience with these? i'm gonna buy a pair of black mid tops and i cant decide whether i should go with cps or these, and yes, i looked through the sufu thread on black mid/high tops but most of those were too fancy for me w+h http://www.rodengray.com/blog/?attachment_id=467 cp http://www.southwillard.com/designer...hilles-midtop/ the thing is i really like the white details on the w+h, but i dont trust the brand for shoes as much as i trust cp since that brand is so recommended everywhere

Deluks917

Reaction score
I would get the cp's I think they look better and will hold up better too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will both hold up about the same. The soles are identical, iirc, and the uppers are of similar quality leather. The CPs have a slimmer profile, and a narrower toebox. It's a matter of what style you are going for.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the w+h white low-tops and they are great although I unfortunately tarnished them in my first wearing and the top of the leather is peeling off. No biggie since they're sneakers although I was suprised because I was told they can take a beating.

Deciding between w+h/cp: I'm not a big fan of the cp styles I've seen (haven't seen em all) and teh w+h appealed to me.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reviews I've read regarding the w+h sneakers indicated that they're of poor quality especially considering the price point, besides their aesthetic is so-so.

bure

Reaction score
how much are those w+h btw?

also, what do you think about these cp?
COMM-MZ57_V1.jpg

can't decide if i like them better than these:
COMM-MZ51_V1.jpg

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the responses. living in the middle of nowhere massachusetts means i can never see any of this stuff in real life.

from roden gray with the SF discount, they still come out to 374 cad, which is like 315 usd, because of an outrageous 12% sales tax... and i thought 8.25% was bad!

im crossing my fingers and hoping that the nomad shop sale this weekend (30%) applies to cps/w+h/email orders and pick up the cp training boot and a tigerhoodie from w+h

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those brown court midtops more than the black ones..

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where are you getting w+h for 40% off??

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Andy 374 cad is more like 291 usd.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
idk i've never seen W+H's in real life..

i've found CP's for 120 during sales.. so I'd say cp's are a better deal. and mine seem to be holding up well.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a pair of achilles and pounded the nyc pavement for 2.5 years and they're still going strong

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads