• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

kwoyeu

Reaction score
^^thanks! i had no idea these other stores existed! i modified the post above w/ these additions

^that sucks. antik boutik has the charcoal (i assume that was the color you were hunting for i could be wrong) in S, jonathan & olivia has it in XS. i'd kop the XS but i'm really after the light grey...

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
^^thanks! i had no idea these other stores existed! i modified the post above w/ these additions ^that sucks. antik boutik has the charcoal (i assume that was the color you were hunting for i could be wrong) in S, jonathan & olivia has it in XS. i'd kop the XS but i'm really after the light grey...
Ha, wouldn't be financially wise to buy the sportcoat right now though
lol8[1].gif
In any case, I don't think it'd fit right (especially the sleeves), based on the measurements alone. I know measurements can be quite misleading though, which is why I wanted to check it out at a physical store. I might pop by Haven, not sure if they have any left though BTW that list should be added into the OP of this thread imo

kwoyeu

Reaction score
yeah, reminds me i need of exercise restraint as well
tongue.gif

added kiosk78 to the list of stockists... w&h seems to be popping up in a lot of unheard-of web stores.. meanwhile their official list of stockists is hopeless outdated (stuart & wright and odin both stopped carrying them, for example)..

ubc121

Reaction score
Anyone know what Holts stock is like. I'm looking for chinos and maybe a slub henley but RG and Gravity Pope are too far.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ubc121
Anyone know what Holts stock is like. I'm looking for chinos and maybe a slub henley but RG and Gravity Pope are too far.

Gravity Pope and RG aren't far from Pacific Centre Holt in Vancity at all.

RG is 2 skytrain stations away from Holt and Gravity Pope is 1 bus away in Kits.

RG will have the best selection and Gravity Pope comes in 2nd.

Holt normally only has a handful of pieces.

ubc121

Reaction score
Thanks. I stopped at RG and Holt. Holt's selection is pretty bad. One rack, no chinos at all. A few indigo crewnecks and some khaki macs though. BTW anyone have experience with the slub jersey henley?

s3lam

Reaction score
Got this from the post office earlier this afternoon.

IMG_20110525_151146.jpg

IMG_20110525_154453.jpg

IMG_20110525_162102.jpg

Crappy Fit Pic
Ordered a medium but RG notified me one day later saying that they were sold out of mediums. Decided to get the large instead of getting a refund. I actually like the fit of this large and I think the medium might have been too fitted but not a 100% sure.
IMGP28504.jpg

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harbin
large is perfect, it's already very fitted

Agree - fit looks perfect.

In terms of Canadian stockists, I think Haven is the best IMO.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit on the hoodie looks great, s3lam. A medium would have been way too tight for a hoodie.

Edd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexonfabric
I see the polos and most other stuff is 26" long in size large. Wish they'd stop making their clothes for midgets.

The madras collar polo shirt is not short fitting at all in a size large. Have one myself, more like 28" I reckon. Where you get that sizing?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice fit, i think the large looks fine..

it's really meant for the winter, so it'll give you room to layer if need be

reezy

Reaction score
OMFG I HAD THAT LINEN BLAZER ON MY CART AND SOMEONE TOOK THE RODEN GRAY SALE FROM ME
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics