1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Is everyone pleased with their indigo crewnecks and/or hoodies? I'm 5'8 150lbs and getting a sz M in either one, unless someone here suggests I go smaller.

I'm having a tough time deciding on which one to get. The hoodie has so much more character with the outlined pockets and heavy duty zipper, but at the same time the crew neck can be used for layering and can be used at formal events as well.

2. Feji

Feji Senior member

Is everyone pleased with their indigo crewnecks and/or hoodies? I'm 5'8 150lbs and getting a sz M in either one, unless someone here suggests I go smaller.

I'm having a tough time deciding on which one to get. The hoodie has so much more character with the outlined pockets and heavy duty zipper, but at the same time the crew neck can be used for layering and can be used at formal events as well.

I'm 5'7" and 145lbs. I went with the indigo crewneck in medium, and it's a pretty much perfect fit. A small would have been pretty tight on me in the chest area (i'm a 39" chest).

3. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

^thanks dude. appreciate your reply

4. 89andy

89andy Senior member

I got a small indigo crewneck I'm loving it so far. I'm 5'10 and 130lbs. Though I'm kinda scared the length will be too short on me once I gain weight up to around 140.

5. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Confused as to how your length will change once you gain 10lbs...

6. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

belly increase leads to length decrease of garments

7. 89andy

89andy Senior member

Dont know about belly but I was thinking about my chest ... meaning the fabric will rise up and sit slightly higher.

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

orange hoodie while the post is up top...dont think people have posted a fit of this yet..(xpost from waywt & wvg)

[​IMG]

9. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

^Soooo fcukin nice, perfect for this time of year. What size did you go with? And what size do you go with on your w+h henleys?

I'm back on my W+H steez. Indigo crew neck + white L/S rib henley on the way. Now I just need the black and grey version. And hopefully the indigo hoodie is still available next month. Fcuk summer clothes ha ha

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

^soooo fcukin nice. what size did you go with? And I'm back on my W+H steez. Indigo crew neck + white L/S rib henley on the way. Both mediums. Hey Slack, I want the henley in black as well...only place I see carrying it is Rodengray and they're sold out of mediums, but still have smalls. Think there's a big difference in the two sizes? I'm 5'8 w/o shoes and 150lbs.
    Thanks very much! It is a size small. re; the henley, they're not really too small. Right out of the box and before washing they look really true. I think you should be okay with a small but just be sure to not shrink it in the wash. They also stretch a bit with repeated wear. You're on the border size wise, but I think as long as you know they fit snug/ribbed against the torso and are comfortable with that, move forward with the size S imo.. maybe check some measurements on context to be safe too..(though measurements dont mean much with a stretchy henley..)

11. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

^Thanks Boss. You always come through in the clutch. And yeah you are so rght, henley measurements are so misleading because of the stretch. Needsupply shows a model wearing a sz M and he is 6'2 I believe.

Where in Canada can I find the L/S rib henley in black? Rodengray looked to have it in a sz small, but when I went to add it to my cart it said it was sold out[​IMG] Worst case scenario there is needsupply, but would rather not pay custom fees, especially if they ship UPS.

12. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

I just got W+H chinos and they're about 1 size too big in the waist. If I wash them on hot do you guys think they'll shrink a bit? The wash instructions are wash cold and line dry.

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

what size? 31? navy? i'll buy them!

14. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

^Thanks Boss. You always come through in the clutch. And yeah you are so rght, henley measurements are so misleading because of the stretch. Needsupply shows a model wearing a sz M and he is 6'2 I believe.

Where in Canada can I find the L/S rib henley in black? Rodengray looked to have it in a sz small, but when I went to add it to my cart it said it was sold out[​IMG] Worst case scenario there is needsupply, but would rather not pay custom fees, especially if they ship UPS.

No prob. Not sure where to find the henley in black up North! (hate to say it but need/supply is 2 hours south of me and orders take 1 night.. [​IMG] ....sorry, again..)

I just got W+H chinos and they're about 1 size too big in the waist. If I wash them on hot do you guys think they'll shrink a bit? The wash instructions are wash cold and line dry.

If you wash them warm and then dry hot/cotton you might, just might lose an inch. I've never had luck shrinking them, but I've heard people say otherwise....FWIW all my w/h pants fit 1"+ big in the waist and I just belt them up....post a fit pic for professional recc and diagnosis of severity of chino fit... [​IMG]

15. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

No prob. Not sure where to find the henley in black up North! (hate to say it but need/supply is 2 hours south of me and orders take 1 night.. [​IMG] ....sorry, again..)

If you wash them warm and then dry hot/cotton you might, just might lose an inch. I've never had luck shrinking them, but I've heard people say otherwise....FWIW all my w/h pants fit 1"+ big in the waist and I just belt them up....post a fit pic for professional recc and diagnosis of severity of chino fit... [​IMG]

will post tomorrow

16. pockets96

pockets96 Well-Known Member

Gravitypope seems to have it,

http://www.gravitypope.com/clothing/...t-1x1-rib-knit

17. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

You can ask four horsemen if they have any.
    They'll even hook up local pick up in Vancouver, so no shipping charges!

Be careful with drying the Henleys, hand dry only.
    The length will shrink and you'll look ridiculous.

Trying to correct my mistake by hand washing and stretching the seam while it's hanging dry.
    Seems to work...

18. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

You can ask four horsemen if they have any.
    They'll even hook up local pick up in Vancouver, so no shipping charges!

Be careful with drying the Henleys, hand dry only.
    The length will shrink and you'll look ridiculous.

Trying to correct my mistake by hand washing and stretching the seam while it's hanging dry.
    Seems to work...

19. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

orange hoodie while the post is up top...dont think people have posted a fit of this yet..(xpost from waywt & wvg)

[​IMG]

Slack,
    What are these shorts? Are they W+H? If so, how did you size them compared to the chinos?
    Thanks

20. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Bought the spring blazer and I found four HUGE hanging threads. One in each armpit, and two gigantic ones in the back that look like they could unravel the whole fucking thing down the spine. Who the hell is doing QC up in Canada?