1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The denim looks okay - washed? The sneakers are sick though. Anyone know who makes those for w+h?

We have tons of Wings+Horns FW11 pictures, which we will be putting up in a few weeks. Me, I am getting the heavy jersey blazer jacket, static cotton henleys, a couple of pullover wool sweaters, a really interesting cashmere blend faux cardigan, and 2 pairs of sneakers - a pair of black leather hightop captoes (not unlike the ones shown, but in leather, with a white cap), and a pair of white leather lowtops, which, imo, look nicer than the Achilles - just enough detail that they don't look like a blob of leather.

The retail on the sneakers will be at about the $400 mark, which seems to be par for the course these days.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

W+H does really good washes. Looks like only indigo denim though which sucks.

They have a pair of black jeans too. Also, they have a pair of olive heavy jersey cargos (called the "jogger") which looks really nice.

3. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

looking forward to the new cotton henleys. I got this seasons and its not working. I got a last minute Chabanel Henley in Large. Brand new, just tried on. Doesnt fit perfect so Id trade for anything similar in Medium. Let me know if you have anything available. [​IMG]

4. Nil

Nil Senior member

They have a pair of black jeans too. Also, they have a pair of olive heavy jersey cargos (called the "jogger") which looks really nice.

That's fantastic news. Any info on what they changed in the cut from their last slim fits?

5. Chip

Chip Senior member

i like the static cotton stuff from past season. Any plain tees this season?

6. DenimFreak411

DenimFreak411 Well-Known Member

Just got the Large Loop Terry hoodie in -- got a couple questions. The hoodie is nice, no question about that.

I got the M, I'm a regular M in everything, shirts, hoodies, and such -- the WH hoodie fits nice, however, when I zip it up its a bit tight on my chest...(I have a moderately big chest), yet the length is perfect and arms are perfect.... Do you think I need a Large?

7. Left Eye

Left Eye Well-Known Member

Are those shoes coming out spring or fall/winter?

Edit - Found my answer, nevermind.

8. 5tan

5tan Senior member

Just got the Large Loop Terry hoodie in -- got a couple questions. The hoodie is nice, no question about that. I got the M, I'm a regular M in everything, shirts, hoodies, and such -- the WH hoodie fits nice, however, when I zip it up its a bit tight on my chest...(I have a moderately big chest), yet the length is perfect and arms are perfect.... Do you think I need a Large?
    I find they stretch out a bit. Think I'm gonna pickup a pair of the sweatpants in olive on Friday, hope they still have some left.

9. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Just got the Large Loop Terry hoodie in -- got a couple questions. The hoodie is nice, no question about that. I got the M, I'm a regular M in everything, shirts, hoodies, and such -- the WH hoodie fits nice, however, when I zip it up its a bit tight on my chest...(I have a moderately big chest), yet the length is perfect and arms are perfect.... Do you think I need a Large?
    I would like to see a pic if you're able to do that. I want to say what 5tan said (i.e. it will stretch) but again a pic would be a great help. You would have no problem moving a SS'11 size M hoodie on B/S if need be. Would probably take it myself. side note: really curious to see if they'll do the sweat shorts in heather olive and not just charcoal/black. Really need those color variations. For people who didn't see the F/W Sueded Fleece in brown - it was a really cool option and great change of pace from the typical shades of gray. I think the olive will be even nicer..(torn on trying to decide between a red hoodie or olive one as my one hoodie for the season..)

10. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm not much for sneakers lately, been on a moc & work boot kick, but these are a definite kop.

11. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

Picked up the new large loop terry hoodie from Holt's today and I must say I definitely prefer it over my tiger fleece hoodie. It is incredibly comfortable and the fit is absolutely spot on. I definitely recommend it.

12. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Picked up the new large loop terry hoodie from Holt's today and I must say I definitely prefer it over my tiger fleece hoodie. It is incredibly comfortable and the fit is absolutely spot on. I definitely recommend it.

whereabouts is the wings and horns stuff located in Holt.
    Downtown Vancity right.

13. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

whereabouts is the wings and horns stuff located in Holt.
    Downtown Vancity right.

Downtown, yeah. Get off at the granville street station if you're on the sky train and then cross the street. You can't really miss it. I wouldn't bother going to check out the wings stuff. They have the nep dungaree shirts, a few macs in the khaki colour, and the grey large loop terry in small and medium. I took the last large, so that's all they have atm.

14. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Downtown, yeah. Get off at the granville street station if you're on the sky train and then cross the street. You can't really miss it. I wouldn't bother going to check out the wings stuff. They have the nep dungaree shirts, a few macs in the khaki colour, and the grey large loop terry in small and medium. I took the last large, so that's all they have atm.

i meant where in Holt is it, upstairs or downstairs, etc.
    could never find that stuff, guess i didnt look too hard and didnt want to ask.

ill check it out tomorrow, give me a chance to see all the talent that walks around in that place, lol. [​IMG]

15. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

i meant where in Holt is it, upstairs or downstairs, etc.
    could never find that stuff, guess i didnt look too hard and didnt want to ask.

ill check it out tomorrow, give me a chance to see all the talent that walks around in that place, lol. [​IMG]

It's on the bottom floor in the mens streetwear department. It's on a rack that's near the wall of denim. There's literally four pieces, so they're a little hard to catch. I can't stand the staff at Holt's. They're all stuck up their own ass and aren't helpful in the slightest. Hopefully you have a better experience, haha.

16. Brood_Star

Brood_Star Well-Known Member

staff is same as any other corporate establishment. prices are quite high.

basically holt is that really popular overpriced restaurant. if you want a cozier nook just go to nomad or (j+o i guess)

17. Snakeyes

Snakeyes Active Member

What are these boots?

[​IMG]

18. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

It's on the bottom floor in the mens streetwear department. It's on a rack that's near the wall of denim. There's literally four pieces, so they're a little hard to catch. I can't stand the staff at Holt's. They're all stuck up their own ass and aren't helpful in the slightest. Hopefully you have a better experience, haha.

dude holt staff is the most pretentious bunch ever.
    for minimum wage workers, they are pretty high on themselves.

im surprised you got it at holt and not roden gray.
    much better bunch of people.

19. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Those are the Dayton service boots in pebble grain.

What are these boots?

[​IMG]

20. Snakeyes

Snakeyes Active Member