• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

phaseshift

Reaction score
me want shirt please

ss11_13A_large.jpg

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have been kinda moving away from W+H lately (didn't buy any this fall), but I'm liking this jacket...
wingshorns-ss2011-lookbook-4.jpg

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
I see madras collar polos on the rack in one of the photos above... maybe I can make up for my inability to snag any gingham collar polos from last spring

In other news, W+H's lookbook is astonishingly bad as usual

Shirt+Pants

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
have been kinda moving away from W+H lately (didn't buy any this fall), but I'm liking this jacket...

LOL at three top layers with shorts and flip flops.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis

Looks exactly last year's fleece sports jacket...

Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
In other news, W+H's lookbook is astonishingly bad as usual

Yup.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
being I overindulged last S/S I'm limiting myself to about 4 or 5 pieces this go-round..

definite kops are the red/salmon hoodie (not that I need another f'ing hoodie...but it's red!) and also one of the heathered blue polos with madras collars. My white with red gingham collar from last year was a major win and I'm glad they decided to continue that. I know opinions will be split on the madras/contrast collars, but I'm a fan.

I'm very drawn to this shirt, but to me it seems a piece better suited for Russel Brand or some Hollywood type, the like. I also don't like how long the shorts appear to be. Those are rolled over as one complete cuff and still sit mid knee - where I would like them to sit naturally, without a cuff. But short model I suppose..

wingshorns-ss2011-lookbook-1.jpg

The sweats appear to be very similar to year's passed. The charcoal looks to closely resemble the f/w'10 Reigning Champ sweats, except slightly different stitching and a little more salt than pepper when compared to the RC's recycled fleece. Glad the sweat shorts are back too. Those have been my go to sleeping shorts. Also nice for the gym in the winter, considering the weight.

A lot of vests in the look book. Not my thing. One of them looks cool though. Agreed @ "LOL at three top layers with shorts and flip flops."....especially considering the base layer appears to be the fall/winter chabanel henley.

Look forward to seeing the rest of the collection.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirt+Pants
LOL at three top layers with shorts and flip flops.

You know, when you're at the beach, but you want to tan your legs but it's a bit chilly out.
lookaround.gif

s3lam

Reaction score
Was at Holt Renfrew on Bloor St. today and they just received a small shipment from the S/S '11 season this morning. They received the Mackintosh (tan), the Nep Dungaree shirt (black and indigo) and the large loop terry hoodie (grey). Was hoping they would have the Terry Sweat Pants but they didn't. Have a buddy who works at Holts (last day today) and could get me 50% off but couldn't pull the trigger on any of them. I remember somebody asking about the large loop terry hoodie. The fabric was kinda like a knit sweater material.

Just an FYI I guess =)

delakingois

Reaction score
Umm, the SS stuff is at half off at Roden. Mistake no? Would an order go through?

SPOT BLOWN.

Edit: Almost pulled the trigger on the orange mac, but then I read this:

Roden Gray Inc. reserves the right to cancel an order for any reason, including price innacuracies.

Oh well.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delakingois
Umm, the SS stuff is at half off at Roden. Mistake no? Would an order go through?

SPOT BLOWN.

Haha, wtf??? Also the charcoal sweats are all sold out except for size XL. Someone place an order and report back! One of those button downs is calling my name!
smile.gif

aphextwin07

Reaction score
lol, thats pretty funny. i wonder how long this will last

edit- it would appear that their entire webstore is on sale o_O

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy F. The black sweats just went from fully stocked to only a size S in a matter of 10 minutes. I sincerely hope this was Roden's intent. Otherwise I feel for them (or the poor employee who just *********** p00ch on their website..) And I'm gonna get me a new pair of CP's! edit;
Originally Posted by delakingois
SPOT BLOWN. Edit: Almost pulled the trigger on the orange mac, but then I read this: Roden Gray Inc. reserves the right to cancel an order for any reason, including price innacuracies. Oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics