1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

The brushed flannels of last season were actually made in Japan. Just checked my tag to confirm. But yeah...they were cheaper.

The pricing on some of the items is high, without question. Fortunately this means a lot of folks may be easing their kop-fingers allowing time to mull over these pieces before obligatin' any funds..

RG has a ton up. Not sure what happened to 4_HM. They were going strong for a bit with inventory updates, then stopped. Pretty bad timing..

Does anyone know what service 4_HM uses for delivery to the US? Postal or fedex?

It looks like USPS from their website: "All orders are shipped via Canada Post and are insured and tracked."

2. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

could just be the depth effect from the wide shouldered hangers..

that's a nice shirt, but Our Legacy usually puts out like 5 chambray/denim shirts in SS and generally has 1 or 2 really nice ones.

What is the top SS item to cop for you guys? I'd like to get something else besides the sweats but nothings popped out at me yet. Although I doubt I've seen 1/3 of the SS collection yet just b/c I've been lazy about it.

3. filth

filth Senior member

Slack i think its just the angle of the shots. I saw the shirts in person and they look exactly like how roden gray photographed it. Anyways i didnt know i wasnt supposed to post the FW11 looks =P

4. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

The brushed flannels of last season were actually made in Japan. Just checked my tag to confirm. But yeah...they were cheaper.

The pricing on some of the items is high, without question. Fortunately this means a lot of folks may be easing their kop-fingers allowing time to mull over these pieces before obligatin' any funds..

RG has a ton up. Not sure what happened to 4_HM. They were going strong for a bit with inventory updates, then stopped. Pretty bad timing..

Does anyone know what service 4_HM uses for delivery to the US? Postal or fedex?

That's my point. They were made in Japan. Probably at the same factory. I'd be highly suspicious of an oxford cloth costing more than that brushed flannel (by about $40?). On the flip-side, the looped terry hoodies, which I don't want any of this spring, are about $25 cheaper, excluding the indigo one. We all know how much indigo costs...

Oh well, I'm being cynical this season when in reality I like all of the pieces just don't understand the pricing and outsourcing.

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Too bad they keep releasing the same cut of shirt in the 1x1 rib knit, since the ones I have from this fall fit terrible and I totally regret buying them (especially after a wash, ugh). I refuse to pay $60 for a plain cotton tee so I guess it's back to Alternative Apparel?

I didn't cop any of the double jersey stuff this past season - could anyone tell me about the fabric? It's getting harder to order from these Canadian stores, since not only are they not giving a 10% discount or so, which isn't that much, the shipping is more expensive. It's much easier to wait for a store like Need, Blackbird, Frances May, Brigade, etc to stock an item... I feel cheap.

re; the t shirts - why are they putting the X on the front for a spring/summer t-shirt? I don't get it. It's a symbol of winter.

The double jersey stuff, in my opinion, is not that impressive. Apparently they have a ton of the fabric, though. Considering they're making cardigans with it, hoodies, using it as accents on hoodies ,the "over designed grandpa cardigan" (lol), scarves, henleys - everything. It is purposefully extremely wrinkled out of the box/off the rack. I did get the henley last season and have the scarf (my experience with it). I wore the henley maybe once - i.e. not my favorite piece. However, it is very comfortable. I actually slept in it a couple times on cold nights. The inside of crinkled nature of the fabric reminds me (for some reason...) of crumpled up paper towels. Strange comparison, I know...but just what comes to mind.

It looks like USPS from their website: "All orders are shipped via Canada Post and are insured and tracked."

Thanks, that's what I feared. Sorry for not taking the time to research myself. Canada post to the US at the border takes so damn long (the entry hub). Out of stockist control, but just sucks waiting so long. Order from Canada or wait another 1.5 weeks for US stockist to get their shipments...hrmm.

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

could just be the depth effect from the wide shouldered hangers.. that's a nice shirt, but Our Legacy usually puts out like 5 chambray/denim shirts in SS and generally has 1 or 2 really nice ones. What is the top SS item to cop for you guys? I'd like to get something else besides the sweats but nothings popped out at me yet. Although I doubt I've seen 1/3 of the SS collection yet just b/c I've been lazy about it.
    My excitement is dwindling, unfortunately. All I really want are the bush pant in navy and the white henley. Also keep an eye out for the anti fit pant in black..(I think will be released). the shorts will just be the bush pant chopped at the knee, and minus 25% cost. Not sure what other shorts are coming up..(outside of the sweat shorts).

7. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Hmm. I actually really really like the double jersey cardigan, because I love the pockets. My one problem with W+H cardigans is usually the stupid pockets (on the cardigans that button, not zip). Should I cop?

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Slack, my experience with Canada post (USPS) has been good so far. I ordered express ($28 v. $22) from Roden Gray, last Thursday, it was delivered yesterday, so about 3 business days from order. It was at customs for a day...I might have gotten lucky.

9. Fahim.

Fahim. Senior member

Look at the outward flare at the bottom of the Haven BD versus the same one pictured on RG. Is someone pinning back to reduce the design-intended billow? Sure looks like it...

Slack - I shoot the product shots for the RG online store and never pin the product. The reason we have hanging product shots is to show how the piece actually sits. If you take a look at the fit pics, the piece fits on a body the same as it is shown hanging.

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Slack - I shoot the product shots for the RG online store and never pin the product. The reason we have hanging product shots is to show how the piece actually sits. If you take a look at the fit pics, the piece fits on a body the same as it is shown hanging.

Thanks for the clarification, Fahim.

11. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Is the Indigo Terry Crew Neck the same thickness as the Large Loop Terry hoodies, or is it more of a long sleeve crew neck "tee shirt"?

12. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

2 Questions

1. For my size you guys advised me to get a L and that hoodie fit well. Do I go with the same size for shirts as well? (40' chest, 6'4)

2. Anyplace other than 4horseman selling the new plaid shirts? Don't want to pay customs again, I'm in the US

13. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

Overall, I'm pretty underwhelmed with S/S11. Nothing really pops out to me and I don't really understand the higher price on essentially everything. The only things I like are the sweats and the large loop terry hoodies and I already have them, haha.

14. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

For those that were wondering we ship using Canada Post which hands off to USPS. We use an expedited business option which is supposed to take 4 days to the US. It is usually longer than that, but it definitely shouldn't be taking 2 weeks or anything.

As for customs, any of the made in Canada stuff won't be charged duty and for other things we typically mark the value down. Most packages pass through without any additional fees.

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

2 Questions 1. For my size you guys advised me to get a L and that hoodie fit well. Do I go with the same size for shirts as well? (40' chest, 6'4) 2. Anyplace other than 4horseman selling the new plaid shirts? Don't want to pay customs again, I'm in the US
    I would say a large for sure. For the plaid shirts you either have to go with our friendly neighbors to the north or wait for a domestic stockist which should be 1.5 weeks or so. how bad ya want it?
    Overall, I'm pretty underwhelmed with S/S11. Nothing really pops out to me and I don't really understand the higher price on essentially everything. The only things I like are the sweats and the large loop terry hoodies and I already have them, haha.
    there is some interesting stuff the more i look at it. i like all of the options. I really want to see a fit of some of the pants outside of the lookbook. the anti fit is especially cool
    For those that were wondering we ship using Canada Post which hands off to USPS. We use an expedited business option which is supposed to take 4 days to the US. It is usually longer than that, but it definitely shouldn't be taking 2 weeks or anything. As for customs, any of the made in Canada stuff won't be charged duty and for other things we typically mark the value down. Most packages pass through without any additional fees.
    People latched onto a comment I made a few pages back about waiting 2 weeks for a package. They sit at usps customs/inspection at the us entry point and sometimes can get held up there for various reasons. "Origin post is preparing shipment" is most likely what tracking will read until you get it in your city/town post office. Shipping from CA is fine. You pay for international service. Thanks for the updates, guy. looking forward to seeing the rest. just takin it all in..

16. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

For those that were wondering we ship using Canada Post which hands off to USPS. We use an expedited business option which is supposed to take 4 days to the US. It is usually longer than that, but it definitely shouldn't be taking 2 weeks or anything.

As for customs, any of the made in Canada stuff won't be charged duty and for other things we typically mark the value down. Most packages pass through without any additional fees.

Alright, let's see. Anything over $200, I get charged a custom, so if the shirt is $221. Do you mark the value down so that it will be under $200 on customs or do you mean wait until it's on sale?

17. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

the haul and most likely the final stuff i'll get from this season's collection..

bush pant in navy - japan
    white henley - ca
    double layered gauze cotton bd in indigo - japan

18. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

any ideas how the henleys or double layer jersey crew fit?

19. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

any ideas how the henleys or double layer jersey crew fit?

i ordered small (true to size) in everything. a lot of people like to size up one from their normal size for a slightly more relaxed fit as w+h tends to fit rather snug. if snug is your thing then go true..

20. pookguy

pookguy Well-Known Member

Still waiting for those damn polos. Are the fits on the SS BD's same as the FW flannels?